Video Feature: Stuart Pimsler Dance and Theater Performance
The Stuart Pimsler Dance & Theater (SPDT) performed at Carleton on Friday, Jan. 6, kicking off the winter term programming in the Weitz Center for Creativity. Dan McAlister '13 interviewed Stuart Pimsler, who also talked about the collaborative class he taught at Carleton during the winter term, which brought politics and dance together in a unique but interesting cross-disciplinary way. SPDT is a nationally recognized performance company that has been presented by The Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts, Dance Theater Workshop (NYC), Jacob's Pillow, The American Dance Festival, and internationally in Canada, Europe, Israel, Taiwan and Russia. Founded in 1978 and based in Minneapolis, its work stands apart in the field of contemporary performance for its vast emotional range, intellectual provocations, and stunning visual environments. Dramatically powerful and insightfully witty, this company's unique vision has been hailed as theater for the heart and mind. The performance was supported by funding from the Minnesota State Arts Board and the Legacy Amendment. For more information, visit their website at www.stuartpimsler.com.
Video Feature: 24 Hour Show
Video: Farragut North Opens at Weitz Center for Creativity
- Be A Carl!
- Immigration law explained at St. Olaf event
- Profiles in Teaching: Montero aims for calm amid political storm • Carleton Academics
- Convocation presented by Safe Horizon’s Ariel Zwang • Media Relations
- “What’s Next for the Country?” continues with discussion on Climate Change and Environmental Policy • Media Relations
- Public invited to Alumni Panel: Global Engagement after Carleton • Media Relations
- Ross '17 is Carleton's 75th Watson Fellowship winner
- Tai Chi: For physical fitness & stress management