Budget Committee Funds Request Forms
Please fill out the appropriate request form (linked below).
The Budget Committee process
Requests should be submitted nine days prior to the Thursday before the proposed event, or about two weeks in advance. On Thursday nights, Budget Committee will hear all requests submitted before Tuesday of that week.
Let's say you are planning an event for 5th weekend. Nine days prior to the Thursday before the proposed event would be Tuesday of 4th week. Planning an event for Wednesday of 7th week? The Thursday before the event is Thursday of 6th week, so counting backwards nine days means that the request must be submitted by the Tuesday of 5th week. If you don't get the request in on time, Budget Committee will still consider the request. However, you risk spending money on your event that you don't have, because Budget Committee recommendations are not final until the approval of CSA Senate on Monday nights.
Before you submit your request:
Make sure to read the Budget Committee Bylaws and Guidelines. The Committee allocates funds according to these rules with very few exceptions. Organizations requesting food, advertisment, or transportation money should read the Guidelines especially carefully.
Feel free to contact the CSA Vice President with questions or concerns.
After you submit your request:
1. You will receive an email by the next Wednesday at 5pm with the specific time (from 8pm-10pm) that you will present your request to Budget Committee on Thursday night. You may also receive an email from a member of Budget Committee with advice and support. Take advantage of that opportunity to ask questions and resolve doubts.
2. On Thursday, you will arrive at Budget Committee at your specified time. If other requests are in process, find a seat and hang out for a bit.
3. When it is your turn, the Vice President, who chairs the Committee, will introduce your request. Give the Committee a quick summary of your request. Committee members will have your request form before them, so you don't need to give all the details. Inform the Committee if anything has changed since you submitted the request.
4. The Committee members will ask you specific questions about your event, discuss their options, and make bids. You are always free to respond to questions. If you would like to talk, but haven't been asked a question, raise your hand or otherwise call attention to yourself. The Vice President will recognize you shortly.
5. The Committee will vote on the bids, which can range from a "full bid" (all of the money you requested) to a $0 bid (none of the money you requested). If a "motion to move to the next item on the agenda" is passed before any bids have been made, the recommendation is a full bid.
After you attend the Budget Committee meeting:
1. The Budget Committee's recommendation will go to Senate, which meets on Mondays at 7pm. If you are unhappy with the Budget Committee's recommendation, you can appeal the decision at that time. Senate usually approves Budget Committee recommendations, but in some cases votes to amend or reject recommendations. You are encouraged to attend these meetings, especially if your request was controversial at the Budget Committee meeting. You can expect the Vice President and/or Treasurer to defend Budget Committee's decision during the Senate meeting.
2. The Vice President will email you with the results of the Senate process.
3. You may spend the funds as they were allocated. Learn about the reimbursement process and using the CSA credit card for large purchases here.
Email CSA Vice President Marielle Foster (fosterm) with questions.
- This is a request form for money from the Special Allocations fund to fund any event you want to have on campus. These events can range from bringing in a speaker to hosting an international food cooking party.
- This is a request form for money from the Special Allocations fund to fund equipment and other things a club may need to run. These things can range from chess boards for chess club to binders for a music group.