- Summer reading programs with the regional library took me to the banks of the Columbia River this past week -- with visits to Brewster and Bridgeport, WA. I've got several more library HEROES still waiting in the wings for ... more
- Like a lot of Brits, those of us who have watched Commons for years have become inured to the eccentricities of MPs' behaviors. Newcomers bring a new persective.
Mhairi Black criticises Westminster's 'silly traditions'
Westminster must decide whether it is ... more
- Fantastic, fascinating,this dream called life
once the overdream,
the overlay, the web
of thought that tries
to snare reality, in vain,
has been swept away.
- Town + HS Track. 54 minutes. 8 miles.
Warm, sunny, and nice. Warm-up and cool-down 2 miles each. 4 x 1600 w/ 30 sec rest in 6:01, 5:57, 5:54, 5:55. Felt pretty good.
- The last time I left Hawaii, at age 7, I was on a 32-foot sailboat with my father at the helm and the rest of the family— my sisters, age 5 and 10, and my mother, a few years older ... more
- The only purpose for belief
is to ignore the truth.
- Town + Pospisil Loop. 74 minutes. 10 miles.
Mild and nice. Felt sluggish and tired. Slow and easy pace.
- Town + Lisbon . 61 minutes. 9 miles.
AM: Mild, sunny, and nice! Warm-up 3 miles, then steady 5 miles in 32:04 (6:34, 6:36, 6:20, 6:17, 6:17), then 1 mile easy. Felt good. PM: Elliptical 30 minutes.