- Trevor Noah to replace Jon Stewart on The Daily Show
South African comedian Trevor Noah is to replace Jon Stewart on The Daily Show, the New York Times reports.
The 31-year-old made his debut as a contributor ... more
- Born Margaret Mary Glessner, my mom preferred Peg. Here she is during her college years with her father, Harry Chappelear Glessner, (Born Fredrick Glessner).From p 25 of Peg's Rememberings "I am very thankful that my parents wanted ... more
- When you have the rightingredients and time to prepareand know what you are doing.It’s not just about food.It’s about teaching, fighting,creating art or science…Whatever humans are capableof. The Buddhists call it auspicious ... more
- Spring term exhibit opens Friday, April 3 and on display through May 3 in Weitz Center for Creativity.
- Thursday, April 2, from 5 to 6 p.m., University of Amsterdam history professor Dienke Hondius will present “Mapping Urban European Histories of Slavery” at Carleton College in Leighton Hall Room 304.
Carleton News: Sweet Honey in the Rock’s Ysaye Maria Barnwell presents Convocation and Community SingFriday, April 3, Carleton's convocation series returns with a special presentation by Sweet Honey in the Rock’s Ysaye Maria Barnwell. From 10:50 to 11:50 a.m. in the Skinner Memorial Chapel, Barnwell will present “Building Vocal Communities,” a lecture that traces ... more
- Short Abbe Hills Loop. 59 minutes. 8 miles.
Chilly (30s) and nice. Slow and easy pace plus 8x100 strides.
- Treadmill. 82 minutes. 12 miles.
Easy run down to 6:39 pace. Felt pretty good. [Week: 78 miles]
- Town + Country Lisbon. 73 minutes. 10 miles.
Easy run. Felt tired but not too bad.
- Political scientist David Shambaugh of George Washington University published a paper recently that argued that the authoritarian system in China was showing signs of falling apart.
As China moves away from communist regime, cracks appear
Mao’s iron rule finds echoes ... more
- The Carleton College women’s tennis team returned home from spring break and picked up a decisive, 9-0, victory over host Concordia College. All six players in the Knights’ lineup won in both singles and doubles.
Carleton Athletics: Women's Track and Field: Knights Wrap Up SoCal Spring Break Against Top CompetitionOn Saturday, the dozen members of the Carleton College women’s track and field team that traveled to Southern California over spring break concluded their three days of competition at the SDSU Aztec Invitational. The Knights got to test themselves against ... more
- The Carleton College softball team managed just a single tally in both ends of the conference-opening doubleheader at Hamline University. The Knights lost the games by identical 9-1 scores. Cassie Clarke had the highlight for Carleton, belting her fourth home ... more
- Ruth Steinke won the 3000-meter steeplechase in convincing fashion at the Aztec Invitational. A total of 11 members of the Carleton College women’s track and field team competed Friday at the meet, which is comprised mostly by Division I and ... more