- Town + Track. 53 minutes. 8 miles.
Mild (55 degrees) and nice! Warm-up 2 miles plus 4x100 strides. Then 4 mile tempo run in 23:14 (5:49, 5:48, 5:48, 5:47), then 4x200 in 34s w/ 200 jog rest. Felt tired beforehand ... more
- Emily Kaegi posted a season-best time of 21:35.6 and finished 23rd out of 386 racers at the Inter-Regional Border Battle in New Jersey, competing against a 45-team field which included 13 nationally-ranked programs. For her performance, Kaegi secured her third ... more
- The last book by Yrsa Sigurdardóttir that I read was ponderous, mostly because the narrator told the story ponderously.
- Wives of Nigerian presidents are public figures, but usually they operate politically behind the scenes. Mrs. Buhari has stepped out.
Nigeria's president warned by First Lady Aisha Buhari
Nigerian President Muhammadu Buhari's wife has warned him that she may not ... more
- Lisbon + Andre + Adams. 72 minutes. 10 miles.
Out the door at 6 AM. Felt much better. Relaxed and easy run.
- Lisbon + Sutliff + Light. 74 minutes. 10 miles.
Warm and humid. Felt very sluggish. Slow and easy run plus 4x100 strides.
- The Carleton College men’s soccer team suffered a non-conference setback on Monday, falling on the road at regionally-ranked Wartburg College and snapping the Knights' four-match unbeaten streak.
- Carleton College senior defender KC Onuoha (The Woodlands, Texas/The John Cooper School) was selected as the MIAC Men’s Soccer Athlete-of-the-Week due to his impact on the Knights’ 1-0-1 week, including a victory over No. 24 Macalester College.
- If said often enough, it's likely to be important. President Xi emphasizes party control of pretty much everything in China.
P.S. the headline reflects a violation of The New York Times' editorial standards: identify people by their title and family ... more
- Grant Wood Trail. 83 minutes. 12 miles.
Mild, wet, and humid. Eased into a solid pace. Felt pretty good. [Week: 76 miles]
- Onalaska + Ettrick. 75 minutes. >10 miles.
Slow and easy run. Mild, wet, and windy. Then some running at the meet.
“Sometime after the season starts, Auston, I’m sure we will meet up and chat. But for now, here is my advice: Don’t change your personality. If you try to be something you’re not, you can’t keep that up. It’s ... more
- A total of 32 former Knights were in attendance as the Carleton College men’s and women’s swimming and diving teams opened the 2016-17 season with the annual Intrasquad/Alumni Meet.