Printed layer by layer from the ground up using a special cement mixture, this rapidly-produced curvilinear structure is a functional example as well as proof of concept, illustrating the architectural potential of 3D printing.
The entire 2,700-square-foot structure was built ... more
Carleton Athletics: Men's Track and Field: Hornor Takes 13th in 10K, Buckner Sits 20th in Decathlon on First Day at NCAA ChampionshipsSenior Hart Hornor returned for his second career NCAA DIII Outdoor Track and Field Championships appearance on Thursday and finished 13th in the 10,000-meter run with a time of 32:24.54. Competing earlier in the day in the decathlon was Jack ... more
Carleton Athletics: Women's Track and Field: Campbell Stands in Second After Day 1 of Heptathlon at NCAA ChampionshipsCompeting on day one of the NCAA Division III Outdoor Track and Field Championships, Amelia Campbell grabbed hold of second place in the current standings of the heptathlon, courtesy of consistent top performances.
Hollis (brother): “Our father was a great man but we can’t bring him back …”
Penny (sister): “This isn’t about going back. This is about life being ahead of you — and you run at it. Because you never ... more
- Prior to the start of competition at nationals, the U.S. Track & Field and Cross Country Coaches Association (USTFCCCA) announced its selections for the Regional Athletes-of-the-Year and Coaches-of-the-Year for the 2016 outdoor season. The Carleton College track and field programs ... more
Gazing down at foamy-looking swirls of white on black from a niche in an ancient castle, you almost feel as if you’re an astronaut watching a hurricane form above the ocean on the distant Earth. These cellular arrangements form ... more
- They weren't human whenI was a child, all the adults,my teachers, all robotsdreaming they were alive.Orwell's future was alreadythere...it took my whole life,years of drunkenness andmeditation to rid myself ofconditioning. Deprogramed, ... more
Almost no space is too small to live in when you’ve got furniture that lowers from the ceiling, pulls out of the walls, transforms for multiple functions or even folds up flat to hang in the closet like clothing. ... more
- Treadmill. 43 minutes. 6 miles.
Easy run. Felt fine.
- Lisbon. 43 minutes. 6 miles.
Hot (84 degrees) and sunny. Relaxed and easy run. Felt pretty good.
No, I don’t turn off the games. I haven’t in a long time. It’s the fat-man-on-the-couch’s equivalent of never leaving the arena early; never succumbing to the first world thrill of beating traffic . But I was damn close ... more
- Seven athletes from the Carleton College men’s and women’s track and field teams earned All-Region awards from the U.S. Track & Field and Cross Country Coaches Association (USTFCCCA) for their performances during the 2016 outdoor track and field season. All ... more