- We're only as smart as we are,as capable as a species,as knowing of the truth becausewhat we know now was built onthe truth of generations that tooka long time. Babel is the towernow, ... more
- Why would we need philosophers
if we could understand them?
- An appointed upper house in the legislature? At least in Russia, the appointees are expected to represent the interests of a geographic area.
A British House Overflowing With Lords Draws Scorn
Britain’s unelected and overcrowded House of Lords… seems poised ... more
- Sawtooth sunflowers are starting to bloom.. though they have a very long flowering range, quite a few are open. I don't think they've hit peak yet and I expect to see them at least until October. What sets these ... more
- It's not often, to be honest, that I run across a flower that I just don't know. I mean, sometimes I have that "oh, I know that one but I can't remember the name," tip-of-the-tongue type of reaction, but ... more
- Town + A Avenue Hill. 73 minutes. 10 miles.
Warm-up 4 miles. Then 12 x 200 meter hill repeats with ~400 meter jog down recovery, averaging 47.7. Felt pretty good.
- Treadmill. 22 minutes. 3 miles.
Easy shakeout run.
Thomas Glessner Weaver '69: Sunday Aug 23- Through Tuesday Morning - Dublin Drumcondra to Counties Monaghan -ArmaghAwoke to rain here in All Hallows on Sunday morning, and I decided to walk into town to see what I could find.....Good exercise, about a 30- 45 min walk to the Liffey.Traditional 4 story buildings from ... more
- Kevin James and I picked the same article to feature on our comparative politics blogs . He often features things I miss. Check out his Albany High School blog to see what I've neglected.
China, like Russia, is trying ... more
- This time of year, it's pretty solidly late summer. The trees and the prairie are still predominantly green -- the late season yellow tinge colors the world... yes, some of the prairie plants are past peak or even done ... more
- Yes, I'm talking to you,which is why you walked up,outsider....silent real like thethings you got your hands on.What no one cared to see.There are some of you.I rarely meet you, but you are ... more
- Irish Loop + Town. 64 minutes. 9 miles.
Cool and nice! Easy run then 8x100 strides. Felt OK.
- Treadmill. 15 minutes. 2 miles.
Easy shakeout run. [Week: 71 miles]
- Country Lisbon. 49 minutes. 7 miles.
Cool and nice. Easy run with 2 x ~4 minute pick-ups. Felt pretty good.