- Senior Ellie Wilson took command of the 400-meter dash from the start and posted the winning time with a season-best 58.82 at the University of Minnesota’s Parents Day Open. The meet provides tough competition for the Carleton College women’s indoor ... more
- Junior Claire Spencer did her part to help the Carleton College women’s tennis team remain undefeated this season as the Knights blanked the College of Saint Benedict, 9-0. With the triumph, the No. 26-ranked team in the country improves to ... more
- Saturday’s season finale loss at Bethel University closed one chapter for the Carleton College men’s basketball team and gave a further glimpse into the program’s future. Senior Shane McSparron capped his collegiate career with a 17-point effort in the 64-60 ... more
- Senior Skylar Tsutsui poured in a career-high tying 29 points to cap her collegiate career as the Carleton College women’s basketball team concluded its season with an 84-77 defeat at Bethel University.
- Three cartoons supporting the Communist Party of China's campaign against corruption have been big hits on Youku , a Chinese version of YouTube.
They are combined in the YouTube video below (7 minutes total), but beware.
There are subtitles, but ... more
Carleton Athletics: Men's Swimming and Diving: Stephen Grinich Helps Two School Records Fall on Day 2 at MIAC ChampionshipsFollowing the second day of racing at the MIAC championships, the Carleton College men’s swimming and diving team defended their admirable third-place standing. The Friday night session featured five all-conference finishes, and Stephen Grinich played a role in breaking a ... more
Carleton Athletics: Women's Swimming and Diving: Maria Wetzel, 800 Free Relay Turn in All-MIAC Swims on Day 2After two days of competition at the MIAC Championships, the Carleton College women’s swimming and diving team maintains its fourth-place ranking. In the evening session, sophomore standout Maria Wetzel led the Knights to both individual and relay All-MIAC performances.
- That I constantly abusebecause, I have to.You wouldn’t understandbecause you don’t have to…you can just read and seewhat health is there or not.If I’m kidding myself,why do some say they likereading ... more
- Treadmill. 64 minutes. 10 miles.
Warm-up 4.5 miles, then 5 miles at 6:00 pace, then 0.5 mile cool-down. Felt a little tired and sluggish but overall not too bad.
Carleton Athletics: Men's Swimming and Diving: Stephen Grinich, 200 Free Relay Capture Titles on Day 1 of MIAC ChampionshipsThe Carleton College men’s swimming and diving team is tied for third in the team standings after the first day of competition at the MIAC Championships. The Knights collectively notched five all-conference finishes and captured two victories in both individual ... more
- After the first day of competition of the MIAC Swimming and Diving Championships, the Carleton College women’s swimming and diving team stands fourth overall. Sophomore Maria Wetzel led the way for the Knights, producing a superb individual result as well ... more
- Mikayla Becich, Alana Danieu, and Caitlin Eichten each prevailed in both singles and doubles action as the Carleton College women’s tennis team cruised past St. Cloud State University, a NCAA Division II program, by a 9-0 tally.
- This appeared today in the Publishers Weekly Children's Bookshelf e-newsletter:
Amy Cherry at W. W. Norton has acquired Cheryl Klein’s book on writing children’s and young adult fiction. Previously self-published as Second Sight: An Editor's Talks on Writing, Revising, and ... more