- Nigerian President Buhari wants to restart his "war against indiscipline." He started that war back when he was the military dictator back in the 1980s.
Iran has its Guidance Patrols and Basij militia. Saudi Arabia has its Committee for the ... more
- Both the Carleton College men’s and women’s track & field teams squads ranked among the top five in team GPA, making the Knights the lone NCAA Division III program to accomplish that feat. Along the way, both squads earned the ... more
- Poor Jim, Lizard King,snake charmerindestructible hedonistpoetcharlatanin the twisted carnivaltaking the rideoutlawhall of smoky mirrorsforest of dark shadowsalleys euthanized in the veinhaunting anthems lost in glass tinkleprophet Dionysus ... more
- You say you want a resolution...we-ellyou know...we all want to pay the girlyou say it's an institution...we-ellyou know-ow-ow...we'd all love to change the wor-orld...but when you talk about sedu-uuction,(the suction?)don't you ... more
- Poem For KeithOld manbasking in timelike the bluesin a slow cocktailbar...piano, maybe...Sometimes a barelydiscernable reactionto a statement...likethe grunt of a rhinotrying to get it'saudience to flinch.Yeah, I ... more
- MobyJohn MayalGlen CampbellJeff BeckMary KayCampbells SoupMorton Salt"When It rains, it pours."Lady GagaTrust in the government...Belief in institutions...Confidence in the electoralsystem...Faith in the media.Jesus is the ... more
- The People's Democratic Party won national elections in Nigeria from 1999 to 2015. A combination of publicized corruption and determined organization by the All Progressives Congress brought an end to the PDP's power. Now the party is trying to reorganize ... more
I’ve seen you say that you don’t believe in small talk. Why not?
For one, it’s boring. Two, I’m a great believer in the logic of economics. Economists talk about opportunity cost. The opportunity cost of making small talk ... more
- I have heard that some people have begun classes already. In my homeland, starting classes before the state fair is over is nearly unheard of. As a matter of fact it's illegal without special dispensation from the Department of Education ... more