Why when I saw the front-page teaser for “The Cafe That Never Closes” in the Tuesday, May 17, 201, StarTribune did I turn to it immediately and read the piece (authored by Jenna Ross), despite my need for sleep ... more
- The Queen's speech marks the beginning of a new session of Parliament and outlines the government's agenda.
If you haven't seen the ceremony, it's worth watching.
Queen's Speech: Prison shake-up at heart of new laws
The government's planned new laws ... more
- Earlier this week, first-year Anna Lauko was named to the all-conference team. Now the Carleton College outfielder picked up another athletic award as she was voted to the All-Midwest Region second team by the National Fastpitch Coaches Association (NFCA). Lauko’s ... more
- Destiniesto Joe Bardy Tisch, a man whith a lot of destiniesLike with all of us,
I had apportioned a few destinies,
crammed one into the other
according to some ... more
- What's behinddoor number three?You're already thinking:"Ah! A mystery!"You really, really, really,really want to know.If I said I won't tell you,you'd shout: "That's not fair!"If I said there is nodoor number ... more
- Town + Track. 69 minutes. 10 miles.
Mild (60 degrees), sunny, and nice! Warm-up 4 miles plus 6x100 strides. Then 12 x 400 w/ 200 jog (rest avg. 1:50 total) in 73-77 (avg. 75.7). Felt pretty good. Cool-down 1.5 miles.
- Ink Road. 68 minutes. 10 miles.
Easy run with middle 4 miles steady in 25:11 (6:12, 6:14, 6:27, 6:18). Felt pretty good.
- Treadmill. 29 minutes. 4 miles.
Easy run in 29:05. Felt fine.
- Henik Road. 49 minutes. 7 miles.
Easy run plus 8x100 strides. Felt OK.
- Yesterday I sent my 151st Polar Bear Post Card to President Obama. It seemed like a fine time to reaffirm my commitment to the project... and to promise that I'll keep sending them until January 20th, 2017. And so ... more
- After LifeAfter the word, the beginning,came life, after life, after life.as if, if we just kept trying,sooner or later,we'd get it right.Don't you get it yet?The ones that get it rightdon't ... more
- Pronunciation: \-ˈmi-tənt\
Etymology: Latin intermittent-, intermittens, present participle of intermittere Date: 1601
coming and going at intervals : not continuous ; also : occasional —
Source: Mirriam-Webster Online Dictionary http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/Intermittent Retrieved 15 May 2015
Postings here ... more
- Three members of the Carleton College softball team achieved All-MIAC status following the 2016 season. Sophomore catcher/infielder Molly Steinberg garnered her first All-MIAC selection and was joined on the all-conference team by first-year outfielder Anna Lauko. Sophomore infielder Corrie Lucchesi ... more
- Imagine a sub-adult polar bear cub... Born in perhaps November or December of 2014, this young bear has just emerged from his winter den for the second time. He will spend the next several months fine tuning his ... more
- Bruce Jenner=>Wheaties Box CoverCaitlyn Jenner=>"Sex Change Regrets"=>Fruit Loops?
The only thing Bruce wanted to "change"
was not being famous and rich anymore.
The Huff Post article says Caitlyn is proud she has raised awareness ... more
- You're not getting anywhere...you might survive a while...experience some pleasure...a tropical beach long enoughfor a few photos and backto the grind.You may get to retirementand not remember whatlife was for.You ... more