- As large and impressive as they might be, polar bears pale in certain comparison to the vastness of the Arctic. The bowhead whale, pictured here in relatively correct scale (with a larger whale and a smaller bear) is one ... more
- Treadmill. 56 minutes. 8 miles.
Easy run. Felt a little tired but overall OK.
- Today, January 27, 2015, would have been Arthur Jarvinen's 60th birthday. It's been over five years since Art chose to take his final bow. His decision left a lot of baffled and befuddled friends, family and colleagues behind. He is ... more
- The MIAC saw its total of Fall Academic All-Conference honorees rise for the fourth-straight year with its new record total of 360, which bettered 2014's previous record of 356. 35 athletes from Carleton were honored to help set this new ... more
- Treadmill. 68 minutes. 10 miles.
Easy run. Felt pretty good! Leg nearly 100%. Splits: 7:55, 7:02, 6:54, 6:53, 6:48, 6:44, 6:39, 6:39, 6:39, 6:39.
- Most sanctions have been lifted, and Iran seeks more external and internal legitimacy.
Hassan Rouhani in first Europe visit by Iranian president in 16 years
Hassan Rouhani is to make the first state visit to Europe by an Iranian president ... more
- Since the UK is one of the few states with a sovereign, it makes sense that sovereignty is a big deal.
David Cameron: There's 'a good case' for new UK sovereignty law
A new law reasserting the power of UK ... more
- A monster game from sophomore forward Kevin Grow (25 points, 19 rebounds) and big contributions from junior guards Beau Smit (17 points) and Mitchell Biewen (14 points) allowed the Carleton College men’s basketball team to pick up an important road ... more
Thomas Glessner Weaver '69: Aunt Betty Eicher A Single Woman in Lakeland - Travels and Connections - Lee Willis
With the support of my cousin, William A "Billy" Eicher, I have been going through a box of his Aunt Betty's things this winter to discern what her life was like, first living as a closeted lesbian women in ... more
- Up in Salmon Arm, B.C. this past weekend for some xc ski racing/coaching/parenting... and thinking about polar bears and Canadian winter sports :)19 distinct populations of polar bears in the world including those in the U.S., Russia, Greenland, ... more
- Treadmill. 62 minutes. 9 miles.
Felt better but still not 100%. Splits: 7:52, 7:06, 6:57, 6:53, 6:48, 6:44, 6:37, 6:32, 6:30 for 62:04.
- Treadmill. 63 minutes. 9 miles.
Leg was a little sore again but not too bad. [Week: 50 miles]