- Two members of the Carleton College women’s track and field team traveled to Wisconsin to compete at the NCAA Qualifier last chance meet hosted by UW-La Crosse. Reilly Simon broke the school record in the 400-meter dash and looks to ... more
Kelly O'Brien '12: "But craning your head back, you could see the day’s blue darken halfway across the sky, and to..."“But craning your head back, you could see the day’s blue darken halfway across the sky, and to the west, the night remained yet unconquered—pitch black, stars in full glimmer, the full moon still pinned in the sky. To the east, ... more
- Country Lisbon. 43 minutes. 6 miles.
Warm and sunny. Relaxed, easy run. Felt pretty good.
- Mud + Bertram. 45 minutes. 6 miles.
Relaxed and easy run. Felt OK.
Why when I saw the front-page teaser for “The Cafe That Never Closes” in the Tuesday, May 17, 201, StarTribune did I turn to it immediately and read the piece (authored by Jenna Ross), despite my need for sleep ... more
- The Queen's speech marks the beginning of a new session of Parliament and outlines the government's agenda.
If you haven't seen the ceremony, it's worth watching.
Queen's Speech: Prison shake-up at heart of new laws
The government's planned new laws ... more
- Earlier this week, first-year Anna Lauko was named to the all-conference team. Now the Carleton College outfielder picked up another athletic award as she was voted to the All-Midwest Region second team by the National Fastpitch Coaches Association (NFCA). Lauko’s ... more
- Destiniesto Joe Bardy Tisch, a man whith a lot of destiniesLike with all of us,
I had apportioned a few destinies,
crammed one into the other
according to some ... more
- What's behinddoor number three?You're already thinking:"Ah! A mystery!"You really, really, really,really want to know.If I said I won't tell you,you'd shout: "That's not fair!"If I said there is nodoor number ... more
- Town + Track. 69 minutes. 10 miles.
Mild (60 degrees), sunny, and nice! Warm-up 4 miles plus 6x100 strides. Then 12 x 400 w/ 200 jog (rest avg. 1:50 total) in 73-77 (avg. 75.7). Felt pretty good. Cool-down 1.5 miles.
- Ink Road. 68 minutes. 10 miles.
Easy run with middle 4 miles steady in 25:11 (6:12, 6:14, 6:27, 6:18). Felt pretty good.
- Treadmill. 29 minutes. 4 miles.
Easy run in 29:05. Felt fine.