- Ink Road + Track. 67 minutes. 10 miles.
Mild (60 degrees) and wet. Easy 4 miles in 28:50, then steady 4 miles in 25:08 (6:11, 6:21, 6:21, 6:15). Then 1/2 mile jog to the track, then 4x200 w/ 200 jog ... more
- Ink Road. 29 minutes. 4 miles.
Easy shakeout run. Felt good.
- In the morning,did my chores,processed thoughtsof the night before.Waiting for an earthquakethe next few days.I felt the last one herebefore it happened.Waiting for election;Hillary the monkey,Bernie the fox,Trump ... more
- Injuries and academic conflicts left the Carleton College men’s golf team playing with only four players over the final two rounds of the Bobby Krig Invitational rather than the typical five-person lineup. The Knights placed 13th at the 54-hole event ... more
- Like Milarepa in a cave...like Trungpa in America...like many other old men.I'm ready to die...I fulfilled my life,doing what was rightinstead of what I was told...instead of following the idealsof twisted ... more
- A little crisis of confidence with the balance between work, coaching, life, and the Post Card Project last week... but anything worth doing is still worth doing! Only two cards last week - alas - but I'm back in ... more
- United Mistakes Of AmericaI'm glad I don't live in the USA.You gotta be asleep to believenothing's wrong there....Endemic, systemic, systematicwrong.I knew something was wrongwhen I was fourteen, when Iheard Kennedy was ... more
- I never believedKennedy was killedby a lone gunman.I never believedthe domino theory.
I never believed
The Tonkin Gulf lie.I never believedweapons of massdestruction.I never believed theWarren Commission.I never believed ... more
- I've been failing in the end game for the last few days... I've been taking pictures and notes, but haven't managed to dedicate the computer time to getting blog entries actually published. So here's the state of the world ... more
- Town Loop. 43 minutes. 6 miles.
Out the door at 5:55 AM. Relaxed and easy pace. Felt pretty good. 6x100 strides.
- Treadmill. 50 minutes. 7 miles.
Slow and easy run. Felt OK. [Week: 70 miles]
- Treadmill. 64 minutes. 9 miles.
Started at 4:15 AM! Relaxed and easy run.
I used to cover my eyes each time Stephen Curry hit the floor. As his slight frame went crashing to the hardwood, I’d suck my breath in sharply and promptly squeeze my eyelids shut. I would use Jim Barnett, ... more
- Political parties have controlled governments, candidates, and followers throughout Mexico's republic. Changes have come legally, will that remake political reality?
It’s Time to Shine for Mexico’s Independent Candidates
Mexican citizens are tired of politicians, and even more tired of the ... more