- The success of the LibDems in 2010 and the SNP in 2015 are signs of political disenchantment. Are they signs of realignment?
BTW, the LibDems' success in 2010 was built on an extraordinary performance by Nick Clegg in the first ... more
- I'm always on the lookout for easy ways to reuse and recycle musical material. And recycling is something you do on garbage day, right?
It occurred to me that I could excerpt segments from my ongoing daily composition series called The Seasons ... more
7.3.15. It is a beautiful tail, but the treats go up here, please!
- Treadmill. 55 minutes. 8 miles.
Easy run, down to 6:44 pace for most of the run. Felt a lot better.
- Town Loop. 52 minutes. 7 miles.
AM: Light rain. Extra slow and easy pace. Felt sore and sluggish. PM: Easy 30 minutes on the elliptical.
- British unions lost a lot of public sympathy and political power in their conflicts with Margaret Thatcher. This summer they suffered from a Scottish rebellion, and the Tories have been freed from a restrictive coalition.
So, PM Cameron now seeks ... more
- But I'm not, having workedwith my emotions for 45 years....I could get pissed off about that.There's plenty to be pissed offabout....just look around...butsince it all boils down to stupidfoolishness masquerading aspower and ... more
- Well, at least recognize that generalizations are not without exception. Textbooks (generally) describe parliamentary government as easily enacting the plans of the legislative majority.
Two issues this week in Commons demonstrate that is not the way things work all the ... more
- Treadmill. 59 minutes. 9 miles.
Steady run with splits: 7:26, 6:56, 6:46, 6:37, 6:27, 6:19, 6:14, 6:14, 6:14. Felt pretty good.
- Athletic Fields. 58 minutes. 8 miles.
AM: Warm and humid. Relaxed and easy run on the grass. PM: Bike 35 minutes, elliptical 10 minutes.