Carleton Athletics: Women's Golf: Akiyama wins MIAC title in record fashion, Knights two shots shortAlyssa Akiyama fired a final-round, MIAC-record two-under par 70, and Carleton made a valiant comeback that ultimately fell short as the Knights finished second by two strokes at the MIAC Championships.
- Perry Strong, David Bae, and David Perl all tied for 22nd at the MIAC Championships and helped the Carleton College men’s golf team to a seventh-place finish in the team standings.
- For the #inktober2016 prompt " Jump " and, on this Indigenous Peoples’ Day, the Post Card Project and We Are The Arctic stand with the Gwich’in, who rely on Arctic Refuge, and all other indigenous peoples who are calling ... more
- Novak + Town Loop. 53 minutes. >7 miles.
Cool (50s), sunny, and nice. Slow and easy run plus 8x100 strides.
- Lisbon + Hoosier. 68 minutes. 9 miles.
Mild and nice. Extra slow and easy run. [Week: 80 miles]
- Green Ridge. 75 minutes. 10 miles.
Cool (48 degrees) and windy. Warm-up 3.5 miles. Then 6 hill circuits: 300 meters north, 100 meters south, with a slow jog down in between. Worked pretty hard. Challenging workout. Cool-down 3+ miles.
- Solon-Lake MacBride Trail. 82 minutes. 12 miles.
Cool (50 degrees), sunny, and nice! Started out slowly but eased into a solid pace. Last 6 miles in 39:30. Felt pretty good.
- Buhari promised to reduce excesses.
Nigeria to sell two presidential jets 'to cut waste'
Some of ... more
- The Carleton College men’s golf team maintained its hold on the sixth position in the team standings after the second round at the MIAC Championships. The Knights totaled 318 strokes on Sunday and will enter the final round with a ... more
- After a disappointing opening round, the Carleton College women’s golf team bounced back on Sunday at Bunker Hills Golf Course as the Knights posted a score of 310, the best round by any team so far on the weekend and ... more
Carleton Athletics: Men's Golf: Strong’s Start has Knights Sixth After Day One at MIAC ChampionshipsThe Carleton College men’s golf team sits in sixth place after the first day of play at the MIAC Championships. Leading the way was Perry Strong, who aided by an eagle on the par-five No. 6 hole, is tied for ... more
- Playing without either of its captains, the Carleton College men’s soccer team still emerged victorious, 3-0, in a potentially season-defining conference matchup at Concordia College. The result moved the Knights into a four-way tie for fifth place in the MIAC ... more
- The Carleton College women’s soccer team claimed its second consecutive road victory, scoring a pair of second-half goals to pull away from host Concordia College for the 3-1 triumph.
- After a hiatus due to flooding at Laird Stadium, the Carleton College football team returned home to take on Bethel University. The visiting Royals came out of the gates firing on all cylinders, scoring touchdowns on four of their first ... more