Reunion 2014 Videos
- Published 25 June 2014Reunion Convocation 2014
- Created 22 June 2014; Published 26 June 2014Alumni Interfaith Service of Remembrance and CelebrationAlumni Interfaith Service of Remembrance and Celebration
- Created 20 June 2014; Published 26 June 2014Joseph Lee Heywood Society LuncheonJoseph Lee Heywood Society Luncheon
- Published 27 June 2014The Value of a Carleton Liberal Arts Education
- Published 26 June 2014Alumni College: Encouraging Enterprise for Future Careers
- Created 21 June 2014; Published 28 August 2014Alumni College: The Nason Era to Today with Bardwell Smith
In this talk, Bardwell Smith, John W. Nason Professor of Religion and Asian Studies, Emeritus, will offer a sense of what Carleton was like when he arrived in 1960 and reflect on how the college evolved, in part because of a rapidly changing social scene, into an institution with a significantly more inclusive and transparent governance system, a richer curriculum, a much more diverse student body and faculty, and a more systematic evaluation of faculty than had ever existed before. Imagining it almost as a Rip Van Winkle moment, if one had experienced Carleton prior to the mid-60s and then returned, as if from a dream, decades later, one would discover an unimaginably new world and recognize how the evolving educational process is almost completely different than it was fifty years ago.