SAC Officers & Committees
- Co-Chairs: Noel Ponder and Linda Dorn
- Secretary: Nichole Wrolstad
- Representative to College Council: Jessica VanZuilen
- Executive Committee: Tami Little, Marla Erickson, SAC Co-Chairs, SAC Secretary, Representative to College Council
- Benefits and Salary: Jackie Swenson
- Responsible for proposing and advocating new or replacement programs and benefits for SAC members. Suggestions are solicited from SAC members and from the Committee membership. Proposals are shared at the SAC meetings. If SAC shows an interest, the Committee moves forward within appropriate College channels to explore whether the benefits may be implemented. (This committee is unique to SAC and not part of the College Benefits Committee.) Attend six SAC meetings per year (approximately one hour each), plus additional time based on specific benefits proposals, for a total annual commitment of 6-10 hours.
- Geographic Area Review: Marla Erickson
- Nominations and Elections: Marla Erickson, Linda Mueller, and SAC Co-Chairs
- Special Events: Kim Barnes, Sara Nielsen, Charlotte Whited
- Encourages and facilitates an inclusive and active community of Carleton's professional staff by organizing and hosting events, allowing staff to expand their relationships with each other. Develops a yearly calendar of events and assists with planning, advertising and organizing these events, including set-up, food, registration, answering questions. Continues to improve upon SAC's special events, and develop new ways to attract members to events. Committee meets approximately 8-10 times per year for an hour or less. Each committee member is asked to help organize at least one event per year.
- Staff Development: Sara Nielsen
- Develops training and information sessions to keep biweekly staff informed about issues that affect their work, to provide overviews of certain College programs, or to present current topics of interest. The sessions may be held during SAC meetings, as a separate session, or over the lunch hour. This is an opportunity to share/present information and provide for SAC member networking. Notification of scheduled sessions is published in the Carleton Weekly and by e-mail.
- Web Coordinators: Tricia Peterson, Linda Mueller, Mary Tatge
- Oversee the structure of and administrative access to the SAC website, in consultation with SAC Board. Communicate with ITS as needed. Maintain on-line lists of officers, committees, representatives, Bylaws, etc. Assist officers and committees with addition of information, events, and photos to the website. No regular meetings; duties require 30-60 minutes per month.
Representatives to College Committees
- College Council: Jessica VanZuilen
- The mission of the Council is the development of policies in areas having to do with matters other than educational policy or curriculum. Full description
- Benefits Committee: Tammy Anderson
- The College Benefits Committee is charged with monitoring benefits to all non-union employees of Carleton. Full description
- Budget Committee: Cindy Spehn
- The Budget Committee advises the Vice President and Treasurer in the construction of the annual budget and in the development of a longer-term financial plan. Bi-weekly meetings during academic year (90 minutes each). Full description
- Campus Design Advisory Committee: Dee Menning
- The committee is to advise, through College Council, the President and the senior staff on principles and long-range perspectives regarding broad campus design and physical plant issues. Meets 3-5 times per year (90 minutes each); usually once per term and once in summer. Full description
- Community, Equity and Diversity Initiative (CEDI): Sara Nielsen
- CEDI's mission is to improve campus community and promote equity and diversity on campus. Full description
Faculty Representative to SAC
Adriana Estill, Associate Professor of English and American Studies
Administrative Representative to SAC
Fred Rogers, Vice President and Treasurer