Suggested Packing Checklist
Provided in Room:
- Desk and desk chair
- Wastebasket and recycling bin
- Bed and mattress
- Ceiling light
- Room telephone by request (Telecommunications)
Provided in Common Areas:
- Television Lounge: TV and DVD player
- Kitchen: sink, full-sized refrigerator, microwave and stove/oven unit
- Laundry rooms: drying racks and/or clothes lines
- Pets (except fish)
- Halogen lamps
- Appliances with open heating elements may not be used in rooms
- Personal lofts
- Weapons/firearms/firecrackers/lighter fluid
- Nails or other materials that will cause paint chips, wall markings, or leave residue
- Air conditioners
- Space heaters
What to Bring:
- Sheets (Beds are Twin XL, 80" long)
- Shower caddy
- Shower shoes
- Towels a washcloths
- A first aid kit and thermometer
- Your personal over the counter and prescription medications
- Personal hygiene products (some brands may not be available locally)
- A laundry basket or bag
- High Efficiency laundry detergent (pods are recommended)
- Personal drying rack if desired
Computers: All of our housing has wireless internet access and Ethernet connection available. Many students bring their own computers. Computer labs are available around campus. Printing is available in various places around campus
Mini-fridge: Refrigerators larger than Refrigerators larger than 3.6 cubic feet are not permitted. Full size refrigerators are located in public kitchens.
Microwave: Appliances over 6 amps are not permitted. Microwaves can be found in public kitchens.
Televisions, Media Players, and Gaming Systems: Most lounges have a TV with cable and DVD player. There’s no cable in your room.
Additional Items for Furnishing Your Room:
- Power strip with surge protector
- Floor lamps
- Rug (although most halls are carpeted)
- Memo board/dry-erase board for door
- Kitchen supplies (baking sheet, mixing bowl, etc.) Dish soap is not provided.
Check with your roommate while you plan, especially regarding larger items.