Spring Break Housing
Spring Break Housing is available for:
- international students and students who live at least 450 miles away.
- students taking courses at St. Olaf (If you are enrolled in a course at St. Olaf you will not be charged for housing.)
- athletic team members with authorization from the athletic department.
- students with at least a 20-hour per week job on campus with verification from their employer.
seniors working on comprehensive exercises.
What is the cost?
There is a charge of $110 (room only) which will be billed to your student account. If you decide not to stay on campus over Spring Break, you must notify us in writing by March 10 to avoid charges.
Where will I live?
All of the residential halls, Faculty Club, Parish, and the Townhouses will be the only buildings available for spring break housing. If you don’t live in one of these areas, you may borrow a room from either:
- A borrowed room in any of the open buildings that will already be occupied by another student staying for the break.
- A borrowed room in Cassat or Evans.
Rooms that will be completely vacated at the end of winter term are not available for break housing as they need to be cleaned in preparation for the new spring term resident(s).
Is the food service open during the break?
The dining halls will be closed during the break, however, Sayles Cafe will be open limited hours.
How do I reserve Spring Break Housing?
a) Complete an application noting the reason you are applying for housing. If you are employed by the College or an athlete, your employer or coach will need to sign the application.
b) Obtain the appropriate signatures of your coach, supervisor, adviser, OIIL staff, or Registrar’s Office for their approval of your stay
c) If you don’t live in one of the designated break areas, you may need to borrow a room.
How do I find a place to live?
- Talk to roommates and other students that are staying for the break to see if you can pair up in a room.
- Talk to friends of classmates that live in Cassat or Evans.
- If you still need help locating a room, stop in the Office of Residential Life, Sevy G10, where staff will be happy to assist you.
A $25 administrative fee will be assessed if our office assigns you a room.
What if I want to change or cancel my dates of stay?
We require one week written notice for any changes to your housing reservation. If you would like to change or cancel your stay, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the change.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 5 p.m. on Monday, February 29. Your housing assignment will be verified the week of March 7. If you have questions, stop by the Office of Residential Life, Sevy G10, or e-mail email@example.com.
Any applications for spring break housing received after the deadline will only be considered if space is available and will be assessed a $25 late fee.