Publishing Student Org Web Pages
Technical support for student organizations is provided by Doug Bratland (dbratland) in the Web Services Group.
Student organizations are encouraged to build their web sites using Reason, the web content management system that runs Carleton's official web site. Reason gives you access to:
- non-technical tools for managing the content and resources (images, etc) that make up your site.
- Access to images and other resources from other Carleton web sites
- Control of your site design through Cascading Style Sheets (CSS).
- Built-in tools you can plug in to your site:
- Calendar (with feeds to the central campus calendar)
- Event registration
- Photo Galleries/Slideshows
- Publishing tools for blogs, newsletters, or other publications
- Audio/video collections
- Interactive forms
- RSS feeds
- just about anything else you've seen on Carleton's site...
To request a new site, use the Web Services request form. Please provide as much detail as possible about what features you'd like to use on your site.
Access to your Reason site is managed through your Organization Profile (contact an officer of your group or the CSA VP if you don't have access to your profile.)