After-Hours and Emergency Information
Student Health and Counseling is open 9 am - 6 pm Monday through Friday, with extended hours for medical appointments on Monday evenings until 8 pm. The following is information about accessing services after hours. Students should take their insurance card with them whenever they access off-campus medical care.
Urgent Counseling Services:
If you need urgent mental health service, counselors are on-call 24/7/365. For urgent phone counseling, access the on-call counselor by calling SHAC at 507-222-4080 and pressing Option #2 during the voicemail message, or by calling 855-705-2479.
Medical Services After-Hours:
If you require emergency medical care, call 911 or go the Northfield Hospital Emergency Room. For non life-threatening emergencies, care is available at local Northfield clinics and the Northfield Hospital.
To access health care in the evening or on the weekend:
Allina Medical Clinic (507-663-9000) Walk-Ins Welcome Anytime
- Monday – Thursday: 7 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Friday: 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Saturday: 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Northfield Urgent Care (507-664-9999) No Appointment Necessary
- Monday – Friday: 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Saturday – Sunday: 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Family Health Medical Clinic (507-646-1494)
- Monday – Friday: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Extended pediatric hours: Open until 8 p.m. Monday and Tuesday (only for young adults to age 20)
Northfield Hospital, Emergency Room (507-646-1100)
- Open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Emergency contraception (Plan B) is available over the counter at local pharmacies (during regular pharmacy hours). Note: Plan B is available at a reduced cost at SHAC during regular business hours.
Please visit the Carleton College Transportation website for information about how to secure transportation for medical appointments.