Costs for Services
- No charge for office visits with a medical provider in SHAC.
- Laboratory tests, medications, and/or medical supplies are provided at a reasonable cost.
- Student Health and Counseling does not submit claims to health insurance carriers.
- If you obtain health care off-campus, there are separate charges which are billed to your insurance plan.
Costs for SHAC services can be paid in two ways:
- You can pay with your OneCard (Schillers) at the time of service*
- You can choose for the fee to be billed to your student account**
*Charges to OneCard are not itemized, so services rendered are not listed. Also, only students can get a listing of their OneCard transactions. It is, essentially, as private as paying cash.
**Due to confidentiality laws, we only provide the Carleton Business Office with a date of service and the dollar amount to be billed. If a student needs a detailed receipt, please contact Student Health and Counseling.
- Chlamydia/Gonorrhea testing: $35 or $45, depending on test type
- HIV: $15
- Syphilis: $10 or $20, depending on test type
- Pap smear: $25
- Plan B (Emergency Contraception): $15
- Pregnancy test: $5
- Birth Control Pills: $10/cycle or month
- PPD/Mantoux placement: $5
- Rapid Strep test: $5
- Mononucleosis test: $5
- Urinanalysis: $5
- Hot/Cold Pack: $5
- Ace Bandage: $5
- Digital Thermometer: $5
- Crutches (temporary loan): Free, unless crutches aren’t returned, then student is charged at cost.
Immunizations (Provided On-Campus by Homeland Health)
Students pay at time of service and may later submit claim form for insurance reimbursement. Students should make an appointment at SHAC prior to the monthly immunization clinic to review immunization coverage provided by the Carleton Student Injury & Sickness Plan.
- Influenza: $40 injection; $45 mist
- Tetanus, diphtheria, whooping cough: $55
- Hepatitis A: $85 each (series of 2 required to be fully immunized)
- Hepatitis B: $90each (series of 3 is required to be fully immunized)
- MMR: $100
- Meningococcal: $150
- HPV: $200 each (series of 3 required to be fully immunized)