Traveling by Car
Directions from I-35 via Highway 19 to Northfield and Carleton Campus
- Take I-35W to Highway 19 East (Exit 69, Northfield exit).
- Drive east on Highway 19 for 7 miles to Northfield.
- At the first stop light (where Highway 19 meets Highway 3), turn left and drive north for 3 blocks to 2nd Street.
- Turn right and drive east on 2nd Street, continuing up the hill.
- Turn left at College Street, which takes you directly into the campus.
For travelers approaching Northfield from the east (Cannon Falls, Hastings), construction work on the Highway 19 historic stone arch bridge at the north end of the Carleton campus may affect travelers beginning the week of July 18. Lane and shoulder closures will occur throughout the summer, and the bridge will be completely closed from August 26–29. The work is scheduled to be completed by September 2.