- Carleton College rookie pitcher Alec Lawler continued his breakout season on the mound with two near-perfect performances last week. Lawler didn't allow a run, going 1-0 and recording 8.0 scoreless innings, with six strikeouts against just three hits and three ... more
Thomas Glessner Weaver '69: Ancestral Hospitality in Southington- Plantesville CT - Mary and Dave Potter the hosts at Josiah Cowles Place!I traveled from Cold Spring NY and the MKP NWTA weekend, to a quiet respite here in the hills of Connecticut last evening, April 19. I had contacted Mary Potter some weeks ago by phone and email, as ... more
- The rain yesterday and today have caused the telial horns of the cedar apple rust galls to start swelling. They're not quite as gelatinous and alien-like as I've seen them in the past, but spring is young!Though this ... more
- Town Loop. 45 minutes. 6 miles.
Cool (44 degrees) and very windy. Slow and easy run plus 8x100 strides.
Thomas Glessner Weaver '69: Journey to Cold Spring NY, Surprise Lake Camp for GBTQA Rainbow Initiation Weekend.On my way to staff my 4th Gateway as a volunteer for MKP International , I stayed in Middletown NY on Wednesday night after visiting with Jeff Thursday in Scranton PA where he shared great Sushi with me and ... more
- The illusion evolves according tonatural laws. Intelligence grows,adapting to illusory phenomena,creating an illusory timeline ofillusory progress, development,understanding based on temporaryphenomena that seem to repeatthemselves. Human intelligencehas evolved from adapting to the ... more
Hold on to your butts, because this is going to get long and it's not a happy story, but since I can't get the hospital to listen to my story, at least I can tell it here.About a ... more
- In a surprisingly close match, the Carleton College men’s tennis team prevailed, 5-4, at Concordia College and captured their 21st victory of the season to equal the Knights’ team record. Sophomore Christian Purnell came up big for Carleton, claiming wins ... more
- Abbe Hills Extended . 84 minutes. 12 miles.
Mild and breezy. Felt much better. Out in 43 minutes, back in 41. Nice easy run. [Week: 88 miles]
- Mud + Irish + Wilcox + Henik. 75 minutes. 10 miles.
Out the door at 6 AM. Mild (60 degrees) and nice! Felt really sluggish. Extra slow and easy pace the whole way.
- Today was this first time this spring I've seen dragonflies (this far north) -- green darners... Though admittedly I haven't been hanging out by water. I love to see them hovering and swooping in the sunlight...Also had my first ... more
- Juniors Grace Gilmore and Mara Daly paced Carleton to a sixth-place finish at the Bethel Royal Invite at Deer Run Golf Club, as the Knights used the event to give its players outside the normal starting lineup some experience.
- First-year Jerry Cook-Gallardo and senior Colby Seyferth both won individual events as well as running a portion of the victorious 4x400-meter relay as the Carleton College men’s track and field team hosted the Carleton Relays at Laird Stadium.
- The Carleton College women’s track and field team made the most of its lone home meet of the 2015 season as the Knights broke three school records (1500m, triple jump, and 4x400) while hosting the Carleton Relays.