- I write because all the other poets wrote,
and, I had to answer.
- You realize how hard that is to do?At first, it's "heads up!" learn to walk,eat solid food, tie your shoe.Later, when the bearing's straight,begin to look around, a random place,random people, a serendipitous body ... more
- Here's a man, amen,
who filigrees his directness anduncommon sense in words,three "D", third degree of attentionand clarity, unassuming, overt,an open secret of understanding.Depth does not seem to be aproblem...if there is one, ... more
- The first sin wasn't eating an apple. Itwas curiosity. The first dogma was:"Thou shalt not eat the fruit of that treeover there." Of, course Adam and Evewere going to...they didn't know from sin,the way ... more
- Lisbon + Town. 78 minutes. 10 miles.
Mild, wet, light rain. Extra slow and easy run plus 4x100 strides.
- Treadmill. 22 minutes. 3 miles.
Easy shakeout run.
Here comes this lady into your life. You don’t know that she has been up all night peeing, racked with pain in her lower back. You don’t know how many people told her she was nuts to get on ... more
Hello everyone. We are looking for a tenure-track astro person. Job posted below, and presumably soon in all the usual places. The online form at jobs.carleton will be active in about a week or so. Please let me know ... more
- Town + Novak Road . 53 minutes. 7 miles.
Extra slow and easy pace. Hamstring tight but not too bad.
- Treadmill. 15 minutes. 2 miles.
Easy shakeout run.
- Citizen anger about government is not restricted to the UK and China. It's also popping up in Iran, when reporters are able to see it.
My reminder here is that about 20% of the non-oil Iranian economy is owned and ... more
- Van was sick of his country. He neverthought of it as "his", that it belonged to him ,or that somehow he was responsible for it.He was born in it, and lived all his life in it, ... more
- Summer reading hits its stride this week -- with warmer temps at home an irresistible desire to spend more time in mountain lakes and streams. Thanks to a cooler stretch of late spring the snowpack is still holding together ... more