The COP21 or the United Nations Conference on Climate Change began yesterday in Paris. And for my post card, a polar bear with the subtle likeness of Prince Charles.
- Witch Hazel -- known by some for its use in natural astringent products -- is known by me as the last flowering plant of the fall. (It is also the first flowering plant in the spring... Hamamelis virginiana has ... more
- Examine the photos below. Do some online research about the extent of smog problems in the cities pictured.
- How do the causes and severity of the smog problems in each city compare?
- How do the states compare in their capacities ... more
- Treadmill. 59 minutes. 9 miles.
Steady run. Felt pretty good. Splits: 7:44, 7:00, 6:48, 6:39, 6:26, 6:18, 6:12, 6:09, 6:04.
- Turf Field. 30 minutes. 4 miles.
Chilly (38 degrees) and raining. Slow and easy shakeout run.
- This is the second of two posts. You might want to consider reading the first one first. If not, I'm okay with it.
You also might want to consider listening to (I'm Sorry We're) Out of Time Shuffled as ... more
- Autumn 2015 is almost over and I'm finally just posting the short version of Summer 2015. Listen to it now .
Besides the generic seasonal titles which I give all my pieces from The Seasons , the short versions (those ... more
- Syria airstrikes: Jeremy Corbyn gives Labour MPs free vote
Jeremy Corbyn is to offer a free vote to MPs on David Cameron’s proposals for UK to bomb Isis in Syria but will make clear that Labour party policy is ... more
- After 50-plus years of government programs to create opportunities for social mobility in the UK, there's at least one area that's lacking.
Most senior judges and top QCs still privately educated, figures show
Nearly three-quarters of senior judges and 71% ... more
- Town Loop. 60 minutes. 8 miles.
Chilly (37 degrees) and raining lightly. Extra slow and easy run plus 4x100 strides.
- West Wilmette + Evanston. 81 minutes. 11 miles.
Cold (33 degrees) and nice. Slow and easy run. Felt OK. Added 4x100 strides. [Week: 73 miles]
- Green Bay Trail . 80 minutes. 12 miles.
Chilly (39 degrees) and breezy. Warm-up 3 miles in 22:42, then 9 miles steady: 6:29, 6:31, 6:32, 6:20, 6:20, 6:19, 6:20, 6:22, 6:17. Felt good. Very relaxed and smooth.
- Sheridan Road North . 78 minutes. 11 miles.
Chilly (39 degrees) and wet. Relaxed but decent pace. Felt OK.
- Evanston Flying Turkey 5k. 84 minutes. 12 miles.
Mild (52 degrees), wet, light rain, breezy. Warm-up 3.5 miles plus strides. 5k race in 17:10 for 6th place overall. Went out too fast and then felt bad. Long cool-down.