- The main teachers union had its beginning as part of the PRI. The dissidents in the south felt neglected and excluded from decision-making power. It's literally a power struggle and a test of the government's capacity.
(And where was the ... more
- The new government's budget looks for savings and tax cuts.
(Have we mentioned austerity often enough now, so that it's part of your comparative politics vocabulary? Not that it's likely to appear on an exam anytime in the near future. ... more
- Johnny Too Badwalking down the roadin the killing fields smilingbecause he knows for mostthere is no difference.
- To a pretty good day...lost half of it on the wayto the next drink, (yes,another half pint to behalf proud of, or,not to be) the way ofthe whirl, tizzy, Tin LizzyMandel brobdingnagian ... more
- Edge-ucator "To learnjust stay in doubt and wonderbelieving nothing...there areno questions."
- It arises
like the Agavethat doesn't saywhat use it shouldhave for the humans...the humans determine that.Poem arises not becausehumans say what use it should have....that's why poem is so frustratingand intoxicating ... more
- In one of his campaigns, Richard Nixon appealed for support from the "silent majority" that hadn't become politically active. In Iran, it may be that the majority has been silenced.
Thomas Erdbrink's analysis for The New York Times suggests that ... more
- All of the books on my Summer 2015 list have five things in common:
- Strong Female Characters!
- Multiple starred reviews!
- They're out now!
- Too late to call myselfmuch of anything....Buddhism strippedany identity out of me.I used to call myselfa plumber becauseI could do that...the thrill of the skillis gone.I was a good actor, ... more