- The Carleton College women’s volleyball team earned recognition for its academic achievements last season, earning a Team Academic Award from the American Volleyball Coaches Association (AVCA).
- Where does it start?When does it end?All that confusion,complication we callgetting our livestogether, sussing it out...plans, schemes,campaigns, we forgetin the instant of love.Then, we forget loveagain and continuerunning ... more
Seen in a tourist parking lot in Yellowstone National Park.
"Live the dream: China Southern Airlines launches San Francisco to Wuhan to Guanzhou service July 2015"
Whose import? Whose export? Soft power? Or just a way for the Chinese ... more
Thomas Glessner Weaver '69: Cousins Charles A Eicher, and Family in Miamisburg OH in the 20th Centurymore
- C.I.C. is an underground movementof clowns (they have lots of shovels)whose intent is to dismantle theculture of their arch foil, the "GreySuits", perpetrators of a very unfunnyand, sort of, death oriented societywe called ... more
- The latest military warship launchThe John Warner "is the most high-tech, it is the most lethal warship pound for pound that we have in our inventory," Greenert said. (CNN)"Of course, " he continued "It doesn't have the ... more
- "We can let them tell the truthonce or twice, but if peoplestart to listen to them, theyhave to go" Anon.Kennnedys, King, Malcom X,Joplin, Hendrix, Morrison,Fred Hampton, Marlyn Monroe,George Carlin
- Town + HS Track. 61 minutes. 9 miles.
Warm, sunny, and nice! Warm-up 2 miles plus 4x100 strides. Then 4x1600 w/ 60 sec rest: 5:49, 5:49, 5:49, 5:46 (avg. 5:49.0, rest avg. 56.5 sec). Didn't feel very smooth but overall ... more
- Treadmill. 14 minutes. 2 miles.
Easy shakeout run.
Kimberly Elson '10: Taylor Swift Canadian Road Trip or "you drove all the way to Canada for just a concert?"Haters gonna hate (hate hate hate hate), but yes, we drove all the way to Canada to watch Taylor Swift put on a show. And it was quite a show. Taylor knows her audience and knows exactly how to make ... more
- Short Abbe Hills + Town. 59 minutes. 8 miles.
Slow and easy run plus 8x100 strides.
- Irish Loop. 67 minutes. 9 miles.
Warm and humid. Felt sluggish. Slow and easy run. [Week: 70 miles]
- Ink Road. 61 minutes. 9 miles.
Warm and sunny. Easy 4 miles in 29:25, then steady 4 miles in 25:09 (6:12, 6:21, 6:24, 6:12), then 1 mile cool-down. Felt pretty good and smooth.
- Treadmill. 21 minutes. 3 miles.
Easy shakeout run.
- When Shakespeare wrote the famous line,"All the world's a stage," theatre was a verynew art form. It was an obvious concoctionof fantasy, albeit based on some true events.So, his words were a very powerful metaphor ... more
- Old Hippie P.S.A. #1.2 Colorful ClothesI bought a pinkie ring, and I have my tattoo.I think an ear ring is next.Why? You might ask."Hopi clowns are an integral part of Hopi Kachinaceremonials where they ... more