- Despite sending only a small contingent across town to compete at the Manitou Classic, the Carleton College women’s track and field claimed victories in five events at the unscored meet hosted by St. Olaf and attended by a half-dozen schools.
Here in Washington D.C., the professional basketball team is heading back to the playoffs for the first time in six years. Their squad consists of youngsters brimming with potential and steely defensive veterans. It is led by a budding ... more
- Thinking about next year's elections in Nigeria might be wishful. If the capacity of the government to maintain law and order continues to diminish, someone(s) offering powerful remedies might win enough crucial support (i.e. military leaders) to replace the regime. ... more
- It's interesting that everyone seems to know about " moches ," but that no one has been involved with such schemes.
And it's also interesting that all the accused, so far, are associated with PAN, the main rival to the ... more
- The snow that fell on Monday (4/14) still lingers in shady places this morning, reminding us that we are still firmly in winter's grasp. On the weekend, we saw through her fingers, tasted what it will be like when we ... more
- The Carleton College men’s tennis team defeated neighboring St. Olaf College, 6-3, in a hard-fought contest at the Bell Field Courts. With the result, the Knights clinched a spot in the six-team conference playoff to be held later this month.
Carleton Athletics: Women's Track and Field: Amelia Campbell picks up first outdoor track & field awardCarleton College's Amelia Campbell won the heptathlon at the CSB-SJU Invitational last weekend with a new school-record score that ranks No. 1 in both the MIAC and all of Division III this season. For her latest record-breaking performance, Campbell was ... more
- After a pair of nail-biter walkoff wins on Sunday, the Carleton College baseball team’s bats lit up in a dominant display to win both games of a non-conference doubleheader against Finlandia University by final tallies of 14-0 and 14-5.
- Life of ease.....I’m glad I found occupations in lifethat were simple enough that I coulddo, and still get paid for….plumbing…something my body could do and givemy mind a break from intellect, ratherthan using ... more
- Splashy headlines announced that Nigeria was now Africa's largest economy. How did that happen so suddenly? What does it mean for Nigerian government and politics?
Hello Nollywood: how Nigeria became Africa's biggest economy overnight; Nigeria's GDP has been revised up ... more
- Treadmill. 63 minutes. 10 miles.
Incline at 1.0%. Warm-up 15 minutes, then fartlek with quick segments of 1-2-3-4-5-4-3-2-1 minutes, starting at 6:00 pace and progressing down to 5:33. Recovery pace between segments was 6:39. Felt good again.
- Treadmill. 64 minutes. 10 miles.
Incline 1.0%. Gradually picked up the pace down to 6:00 for last 2 miles. Nice steady run. Felt pretty good.
- Short Abbe Hills + Town. 74 minutes. 10 miles.
Mild and raining. Slow and easy run. [Week: 78 miles]
- The nationally No. 24-ranked Carleton College women’s tennis team continued its string of victories in MIAC play with today’ s 9-0 win over crosstown rival St Olaf College. The Knights are now 8-0 (14-2 overall) and now sit alone atop ... more
- History may repeat itself,
but, so does love.