- A former military dictator has been elected president of Nigeria. Another former military dictator has spoken about the role of Jonathan's concession in that process.
- Or maybe it's the politics in Nigeria that's not over yet.
Nigeria fuel shortage cripples businesses, banks and flights
Nigeria is being crippled by the fuel shortage that the country has been experiencing for more than a month…
Waiting for ... more
Thomas Glessner Weaver '69: Faribault Minnesota Colored Kodak Slides, Images from Paul H Weaver MD in the late 1960's
- Eight months ago, I picked up a paperback by Anne Hillerman at Half Price Books. Anne Hillerman is the daughter of Tony Hillerman of Navajo mystery fame. She took possession of several of her father's characters for her own attempt ... more
- Last November I was asked by Gerry Fialka if I would consent to be interviewed on his series called MESS . He set a date nearly 6 months in the future. I announced the interview here on Mixed Meters ... more
- Tomorrow I'm probably going to regret not having gone into work on Saturday, but I did have a fairly productive weekend on non-work-related terms.
The apartment is somewhat cleaner, or at least tidier, than it was, I took a load ... more
Carleton Athletics: Women's Track and Field: Ruth Steinke Finished 11th in Steeplechase on Final Day at NCAA ChampionshipsJunior Ruth Steinke was the final member of the Carleton College women’s track and field team competing on day three of the NCAA Division III Outdoor Championships. She finished 11th overall in the steeplechase, clocking a time of 10:56.85.
Carleton Athletics: Men's Track and Field: Hart Hornor Closes NCAA Championships with Another All-America AwardOn the final day of competition at the 2015 NCAA Division III Outdoor Track and Field Championships, Carleton College junior Hart Hornor turned in his second All-America performance of the national meet as he finished sixth in the 5,000-meter run ... more