News from ITS
- September 9, 2016
As returning community members already know, summer is the time that ITS updates and refreshes various aspects of the public labs and instructor stations. This year we’ve updated a number of applications, such as Flash, Adobe Reader, and Firefox, to their current versions, but the most visible change is the move to Windows 10 on all public and classroom computers.
- September 6, 2016A datacenter event has taken several services offline. ITS staff are aware of the issue and working on a fix. We estimate all services will be restored before 2:00pm.
- August 8, 2016Google drive is down for many customers worldwide. Google is working on the problem.
- July 29, 2016A server failure in the datacenter has compromised many core services, including basic network connectivity and authentication.
- July 8, 2016The ITS fax server has experienced a critical hardware problem and is offline. At this time, no electronic faxes can be received, nor can any be sent via the fax server (which includes sending via the MFPs). ITS is working on the problem, but there is no ETA for resolution at this time. Please call the ITS Helpdesk at x5999 with questions. More information will follow as soon as possible. Update: 8/16/16 - the ITS digital fax service has been replaced by a cloud-based solution. All on-campus fax numbers should once again be working normally.
- June 29, 2016Authentication to many services, including gmail, was down from approximately 9:15 to 10:15am.
- June 20, 2016The Hub experienced a disk issue this morning which rendered it unavailable. ITS staff fixed the problem at approximately 10:15; all services should now be working normally. Please contact the ITS Helpdesk at x5999 with questions.
- June 20, 2016TheHub is down for emergency maintenance.
- May 12, 2016At approximately 12:50, a server hosting a number of critical services crashed without warning, causing significant disruptions to many network services.
- April 19, 2016Zimbra Email is down for approximately 50% of campus users. Merit engineers are aware of the issue and working on a fix.
- March 21, 2016The Hub experienced an issue this morning which rendered it unavailable. All services should now be working normally.
- March 15, 2016Security updates to campus firewall the morning of Tuesday, 3/15 at 5:00am.