Carleton Athletics: Men's Soccer: McGarrity Ties Career Goals Mark as Knights Draw with No. 15 WartburgJunior Branden McGarrity tied the Carleton College men’s soccer career goals record with a stylish second-half tally that earned the Knights a 1-1 draw on the home field of No. 15 Wartburg College.
- The Carleton College volleyball team claimed two more wins on Monday, as the Knights picked up match wins over Finlandia University (Mich.) and the University of Wisconsin-Superior at Mortorelli Gymnasium Monday evening. With the two wins, Carleton has now won ... more
Untitled from Colourscapes, 1991
I Didn’t Mean To DrinkIt just happened, like life,know what I mean?I didn’t mean to be adiabetic schizophrenicbulimic hermaphordite,but, somehow, I can’thelp myself. Go head,judge me.Oh, is that all you ... more
- Over at Small Pond Science, I have a post today about how the events at last week’s Grace Hopper conference led to a discussion about better preparing our students to navigate less-supportive environments, particularly in jobs, internships, and research positions. ... more
It’s still preseason. I have been toying around with that word, preseason. For instance, I was ordering a whole pizza at my local ‘ria the other day, and I told the young woman where was taking my money, “Yeah, ... more
- Woke up woozy aftera night with my Polishfriend fiend…..had a hitof hair of the dog, andyes it is better, my headis not hanging over melike a basilisk in ahurricane….it’s ok to talk ... more
- Town Loop. 52 minutes. >7 miles.
Slow and easy run plus 8x100 strides.
- Ink Road. 61 minutes. 9 miles.
Chilly (40 degrees), sunny, and nice! Warm-up 4 miles in 30:10, then 4 miles steady in 24:29 (6:06, 6:10, 6:11, 6:02), then 1 mile cool-down. Felt pretty good. [Week: 67 miles]
- Great River Trail + Ettrick Golf Club. 74 minutes. >10 miles.
Easy run on trail from hotel. Then warm-up and some more running around the course.
- Lisbon + Town + Treadmill. 74 minutes. 10 miles.
Easy run plus 8x100 strides. Finished last 2 miles on treadmill.
- Once again, events in Iran demonstrate that there are many centers of power and many challengers to all of them.
Iran’s Jailing of Activist Offers Hint of Liberty Under Rouhani
- The No. 12-ranked Carleton College women’s cross country team took on a high quality field at the UW-Oshkosh AAE Invitational on Saturday. Despite missing two of the team's top runners, the Knights were able to string together a series of ... more
- The Carleton College swimming and diving teams opened the 2014-15 season with their annual Intrasquad/Alumni Meet. This non-scoring event featured a record 40 former Knights in attendance at Thorpe Pool.