- And on Tuesday of last week, July 19th, I celebrated a picture book birthday for the brand new LATER, GATOR! Alas, I was deep in the woods and my mountaintop celebration was pretty quiet... No polar bears in the ... more
- Watching "Magic Trip" movie ofKesey's pilgrimage across Americais so familiar I was there in my ownmoments of enforced letting go atthat time most of us were at the endreally of belief in American Dream ... more
- Geographic isolation prevents some conflict over religious differences in Nigeria, but in areas where the ethnic groups and religious groups interact, conflict is visible. This is one of the least serious, as long as people confine their conflicts to the ... more
- Town + Novak Road. 50 minutes. 7 miles.
Warm and sunny. Easy run plus 8x100 strides.
- Treadmill. 22 minutes. 3 miles.
Easy run. [Week: 70 miles]
- Town + Novak Road. 51 minutes. 7 miles.
Very warm and humid! Relaxed and easy run plus 4x100 strides. Felt fine.
- Lisbon. 72 minutes. 10 miles.
Very hot and humid! Relaxed and easy run plus 4x100 strides.
- GRRRAAAA!!!! Pretty much how I felt as I forced myself to listen to last Monday's Republican Convention coverage on the 2 hour drive home from Wenatchee... Thankfully, spending the rest of the week on a backpacking trip with my ... more
‘We have spoken in jest many times, you and I,’ Baggar Vance addressed Junah, ‘about why I initially attached myself to to you, and why I’ve never strayed far from your side all these years. It was for this ... more
- You, my nymph,gestating gestures'til you burst to life,brief life, or, so it seems,so fierce and presentthere is no thought ofa past, there is no doubtin which direction you fly,only marvel, even ... more
- The Republican convention. In Tepoztlan, no one,except for the odd gringo, seems to know or care.Just sitting in the zocalo, a balloon man makinggreat Tiggers, the usual display, outfit, of Mexicanain this sleepy town. Feeling ... more
- Country Lisbon . 71 minutes. 10 miles.
Warm and humid. Felt a lot better! Relaxed and easy pace.