Real knowledge is to know the extent of one’s ignorance.
- For Senator Diane Feinstein (D-CA). You've done admirable work in support of the environment through California's Desert Protection Act and many other things -- and the recent national monument designations are a true gift to both the people of ... more
- For three years, I served as a Assistant Scout Master for the Bethlehem Lutheran Troup of Boy Scouts, along with Scoutmaster Gary Engler and fellow Assistant Scoutmaster Ron Schmid - We all had sons born in the mid 1980's ... more
- The major parties in the UK have histories and have provided stability to the electoral system for decades. But changes have shaken the foundations of that system. The Liberal Democrats went from partners in government to an afterthought. Labour has ... more
- Treadmill. 36 minutes. 5 miles.
Slow and easy run. Felt a little better.
The world breaks everyone, and afterward, some are strong in the broken places.
- The dharmas of samsara are fruitless, so, at least
it's very good not to be trapped by them...if you realize
egolessness along the way, so much the better.
- The blues here is brighteras hopelessness showsits happy face the musichypnotizes in its own waymy tenement beneath theEl is a smoky disheveledpalace surrounded bywabi-sabi garden of Eden.Now I know what ... more
– Being so happy you laugh for no reason.
– Making a friend laugh for a good reason.
– An insightful person you interrupt your morning to see.
– A friendly face who makes a ... more
- Wrote something already,the pump is primed,we've entered the worm hole...why not? Why are the kidsgoing crazy in infantile frothunless the earth is passingthrough an energy field?Canaries in the coal mine...poles-a-shifting, Kanye's ... more
- What is human history other than thestory of man's inability to live with himself?Overpopulation is a testament to man'slack of wisdom and control. Is man a failedexperiment by aliens? What makes us sosure that ... more
- Treadmill. 28 minutes. 4 miles.
Another easy run. Felt about the same.
- At a time when those in power want stability, economics is not a friend. Growth has slowed and now there's labor unrest.
Strikes in China over foreign employers selling out to local companies
Coca-Cola workers in three Chinese cities have ... more
- Kevin Grow notched his second straight double-double—tallying game highs of 20 points and 11 rebounds—and Freddie Gillespie added a 19-point, nine-rebound effort, but it was not enough to offset hot perimeter shooting by host Saint Mary’s University as the Cardinals ... more
- Samantha Cooke poured in a game-high 26 points for the Knights, but the Carleton College women’s basketball team could not avoid heartbreak in the MIAC opener versus Saint Mary’s as Emma Schaeffer banked in an off-balance runner with 0.5 second ... more