I was in the mood for baking and wanted to try something completely different. So I tried rugelach, a traditional Jewish dessert. This is Baking With Julia ‘s take on the dish, modified so it would be easier to ... more
While I’d like to thank Kevin Draper for giving all these new readers, I know my deepest thanks goes to Rep. Pat Garofalo. Thanks, Pat! You thickheaded racist.
Tuesday: Dallas Mavericks at Golden State Warriors (7:30 PM PST on ... more
- Irish Loop. 58 minutes. 8 miles.
Chilly (40 degrees) and wet. Easy run. Felt pretty good again.
- Ink Road. 29 minutes. 4 miles.
Mild (high 50s) and wet. Easy run. Felt pretty good.
- It seems that one of Nigerian President Jonathan's advisors made a clumsy attempt to smear one of Jonathan's opponents. I guess he hasn't learned that if you really have to be be more technologically sophisticated than the opposition if you're ... more
- I know I've told the story of meeting and talking to Stephen Jay Gould and Richard Leakey. They were speakers and I was an attendee at a conference. The three of us were in the shelter of a building where ... more
- A record-breaking indoor season for the Carleton College women’s indoor track and field team continue this week as six members of the squad have the opportunity to compete at the NCAA Championships on March 14-15. This year’s national meet is ... more
- I shouldn't be awake, but, I am.
Is that what Buddha thought?
- When you can get things done….when you can figure it out…finally…or,it’s just another daywhen nothing happens.I see no problemeither way….but, that’s just me.
- As promised: a blog entry about bottling!
I broke my bottling into two days of work. Day one was infinitely worse.
DAY 1: Label removing from approximately 57 bottles of beer (on the wall*)
It was tedious and after I ... more
- (This is a transcription of part of aconversation between four old men:Arn (A), John Z, (JZ) Me, (JT)and Dave (D). This occurred the lastnight of my recent trip to San Francisco.Arn and the ... more
- Town Loop. 60 minutes. 8 miles.
Relaxed and easy run.
- Gillette Loop + Country Lisbon. 71 minutes. 10 miles.
Easy run. Felt better. [Week: 76 miles]
- Irish Loop + Town. 74 minutes. 10 miles.
Easy run. First 7 miles with Marie.
It will come from somewhere….he did when he came out of the womb...they check first for the fingers and toes...it’s the opposite of a slaughter house...