- Happy Equinox, and welcome spring, at 5:45 pm tonight (local time).
Spring seems to be coming in with a cold spell, but I'm still thankful for longer days and higher sun angles...
- Dr. Carolyn H. Livingston, currently senior associate vice president for campus life and Title IX coordinator for students at Emory University (Ga.), has been named Carleton College’s new vice president for student life and dean of students. Livingston replaces Hudlin ... more
- Go back and review the televised debates between party leaders in 2010. Look at Nick Clegg's reviews.
To survive as a party of government, the Lib Dems must hold south-west England. They probably won’t
No party emerged from the 2010 ... more
- Everyone's been talking about the snow mold this week, even blaming it on the rash of illnesses we've had. I don't know about that, but apparently the conditions are perfect for it this year... Prolonged snow cover, melt without rain ... more
- NW Quadrant Loop + Track. 66 minutes. 10 miles.
Chilly (35 degrees), sunny, and breezy. Warm-up 2 miles. Then 4 mile steady run on NW Quadrant 1.33 mile loop. Lap splits: 8:36, 8:24, 8:20 for 25:21 (6:20 pace). Then 1 ... more
- Gillette. 29 minutes. 4 miles.
Easy run. Out in 15:20, back in 14:08.
- Their calls pierce the chill morning air. First heard them yesterday; today they're downright plentiful.
- Alder catkins swelling.Aspen catkins are getting inciting, too...Also... What a difference a day makes... The red wing blackbirds that last week I heard but couldn't see, then saw a few... Now there are armies of them, epaulettes ... more
- Following a rare rainout on the first day of Spring Break action on Wednesday, the Carleton College baseball team was able to begin its annual trip to the Grand Canyon State with Thursday’s non-conference contest against Augsburg College. Despite a ... more
- It’s a Beatle’s song….I was driving back fromJanice Clark’s home inWisconsin, where shewanted me to be a man,but, I was too young, so…I just drove back from therein my Dad’s Buick Electra ... more
- Shall I wipe my ass?take myself to task beforewhat I hope is the last timeI will ever lay down?I know…this is like lookingat something you don’t wantto see, which has been thenature ... more
- I left on a shelfin my kitchenaware of my addiction.I got it now,ready to smoke…what could be thepunchline for this joke?It’s a scaleable, sizable butt…any questions? Even Pee WeeHerman said ... more
- Ready for bed.Ready for the world to end.Ready for the dollar to collapse.Ready for my kidneys to give out.Ready to see the next flowerwhenever I next get up.
- Sometimes campaigning takes unusual forms. Will this win votes for President Jonathan? Do you know why this is such a big deal? What's next?
Nigeria: FG Cuts Electricity Tariff By Over 50 Percent
Following recent complaints of high electricity tariff ... more