Carleton Athletics: Women's Golf: Akiyama narrowly misses second straight win, Knights third at D3 ClassicAlyssa Akiyama narrowly missed her second straight individual win, finishing one shot back in a tie for third place, but Carleton slipped to third at the D3 Classic.
- The Carleton College men’s golf team enjoyed some gorgeous mid-September weather and finished 13th at the Saint John’s Fall Invitational. The Knights were helmed by a solid two-day performance from junior Perry Strong, who finished in a tie for 23rd ... more
- Alyssa Akiyama overcame a triple bogey by making five birdies and Ayumi Sakamoto parred 13 of the final 14 holes as the duo led Carleton to a first-round 311 in the D3 Classic, where the Knights sit second after round ... more
- Despite playing in front of the home crowd for the first time in nearly two weeks, the Carleton College women’s soccer team fell, 1-0, to visiting Augsburg College on Saturday.
- n its conference opener, the Carleton College football team visited No. 4-ranked University of St. Thomas, which scored touchdowns on its first four possessions and never trailed in the game en route to a 62-10 result.
- The No. 18-ranked Carleton College women’s cross country team finished in second at the St. Olaf Invitational. The lone team to beat the Knights was University of Minnesota-Duluth who is ranked No. 10 in NCAA Division II.
- The Carleton College men’s cross country team traveled across town to race in the St. Olaf Invitational, finishing 12th out of 20 squads in a field that included multiple NCAA D-II programs and a pair of top-10 Division III teams.
- No one told me I could getfrom there to here...there seemedno way.So, I stumbled quickly forward,falling out of trees,into concrete basements,avoiding the spaces betweenthe know-it-all's ears,Tarzaning my way, clinging toone ... more
- Your patterns defypatterning...pity-patteringof tiny neon feetno-matteringof convenient conventioning(an odd ode surprise why not)just to show us rules areexpedient/not to be trustedas well as ... more
- How am I doing so far?The undergrowth is overgrown.but, let's not talk about that now.I think I'll watch some cars dragracing today...nothing like the dreamof heavy machinery and gasoline.Maybe I'll go to the ... more
- Tonight is the Harvest Moon -- the full moon closest to the fall equinox next week. These full moons are often big and orange and lovely as they rise... yesterday's full-minus-one moon was lovely rising large to the east just ... more
- Political opposition in Russia is nearly invisible. Don't expect any changes after this weekend's (18 September) elections.
Russia’s Opposition, While Repressed, May Be Its Own Worst Enemy
With parliamentary elections in Russia just days away, a hot competition is unfolding ... more
- These protests come as no surprise.
Mexican Protesters Demand Ouster of President Enrique Peña Nieto
As President Enrique Peña Nieto prepared for the beginning of Mexico’s Independence Day celebrations, protesters took to the streets of capital on Thursday to demand ... more
- How can I write an ode to you?
It would sound like I was talking
scratching my balls,
opening a pack of Luckies.
popping the cap on a Tall Boy,
boy, and taking that first long pull