- After a tough road loss last week, the Carleton College football team got off to a great start in its home opener, putting points on the scoreboard with each of its first five possessions en route to a 40-14 win ... more
Carleton Athletics: Women's Cross Country: Celichowski and Steinke go 1-2 as Knights run away from the pack at Les Duke InviteThe No. 17-ranked Carleton College women’s cross country team continued its run through the state of Iowa on Saturday, dominating the field at the Les Duke Invitational. Colette Celichowski and Ruth Steinke finished 1-2 to pace the Knights.
Carleton Athletics: Men's Cross Country: Knights third at Les Duke Invitational; Hornor finishes secondThe Carleton College Men’s Cross Country team traveled to Iowa on Saturday to compete at the Les Duke Invitational hosted by Grinnell College. The Knights finished third in a field consisting of some of the top teams in the Central ... more
- Area film aficionados mark your calendars: Carleton College is pleased to host a weekly International Film Forum, with screenings held Monday evenings at 7 p.m. in the Weitz Center for Creativity Cinema. Featuring films from all around the world, the ... more
Diss Guy: The eyes and ears are Everywhere: How Ray Rice, Bruce Levenson, and Danny Ferry were Exposed
My God man, it’s like it was yesterday that Tricky Dick Nixon was posted up in the oval office recording every ... more
We're trying out a new way to make it easier to see what's new in Bridge, the joint catalog of the Carleton and St. Olaf Libraries. You can view a list of new books, sorted by call number/subject area ... more
- Ink Road. 61 minutes. 9 miles.
Cool (50 degrees), cloudy, and breezy. Easy 4 miles out in 30 minutes, then steady 4 miles back in 25:08 (6:15, 6:20, 6:22, 6:11), then 1 mile cool-down. Felt good and smooth during the ... more
- The latest poll shows Scottish independence likely to approved by voters. Leaders of all major parties in the UK are headed to Scotland to campaign against independence.
How would the regime in the UK change with Scottish independence? How would ... more
- The United States Of America…criminals, that’s all they are,have taken over the country,robbing the world and theirown citizens alike.Worried about a terroristwith a dirty bomb? You’remore likely to be shot ortased ... more
- Today I am thankful for the darkness, the relative darkness, of this day. The gathering low clouds and muggy stillness of the air set today apart from that other September day now thirteen years ago, which (where I was, on ... more
- Two new exhibitions in the Carleton College Perlman Teaching Museum will address the impact of climate change through photography and other new media. Featuring the work of two Carleton alumni, Christina Seely ’98 and Ken Tape ’99, both exhibits explore ... more
- Lisbon + Sutliff + Light. 64 minutes. 9 miles.
Cool (50 degrees), cloudy, and breezy. Felt a little better. Slow and easy run plus 8x100 strides.
- Standing Rock. 30 minutes. 4 miles.
Easy shakeout run.
- In the light of recent Islamist terrorism (2014), analyst Fareed Zakaria wrote, in the The Washington Post , an op-ed column wondering about his perceptions of terrorism in 2001.