- Many aftershocks afterthat traumatic event…I’ve never felt on solid ground.I’m walking techtonicready to rumblealways another crackin the concrete.
- I’m not on the sideof tiger’s blood winners,their power over others,P.O.O., my teacher called it.I’ve lost the world game….the pyramid scheme…but, at least I’m not insane.
Carleton Athletics: Softball: Cassie Clarke Sets Home Run Mark, but No. 12 Tommies Too Tough for KnightsSophomore Cassie Clarke smacked two doubles and added her sixth home run of the season—the most by a Knight in more than a decade and the highest recorded home run total in Carleton College softball history—but it was not enough ... more
- I've neglected this blog for a long time now. I started (and never completed or posted) several posts but it wasn't really in my heart. But I've been inspired and I'd like to get back into writing, and right now ... more
- Mud Road + Bertram. 59 minutes. 8 miles.
Slow and easy run plus 8x100 strides.
- Standing Rock + Light Road. 46 minutes. >6 miles.
Slow and easy run.
- Scobey + Pospisil Loop. 59 minutes. 8 miles.
Slow and easy run. Felt sluggish.
- The Carleton College men’s tennis team resumed the conference schedule with a 7-2 victory over cross-town rival St. Olaf College. Andrew Hwang, Ezra Frankel, and Kevin Mei picked up wins in both singles and doubles.
- The Carleton College women’s team opened a three-match homestand with an 8-1 triumph over visiting Luther College in a non-conference contest. After winning two of the three doubles matches, the Knights (12-2 overall) swept the singles competition.
- A three-run homer by sophomore Willie Freimuth in the bottom of the third marked the start of what would prove to be a productive day on offense for the Knights, as the Carleton College baseball team swept its home doubleheader ... more
- This morning while walking, I heard an interview with the controversial Henry Paulson. He was Secretary of the Treasury and head of Goldman Sachs. He has done a lot of business and with China. He is selling his new book. ... more
Carleton Athletics: Men's Tennis: Erik Johnson Earns Third Straight Athlete-of-the-Week Award for the KnightsJunior Erik Johnson earned his second MIAC Athlete-of-the-Week award of the season after capturing a win in both No. 1 doubles and No. 2 singles to guide Carleton to an 8-1 win over Luther College. This is the third straight ... more
Thomas Glessner Weaver '69: Ohio Family History Site Visits to Wright State U Archives and Mansfield Reformatory Spring 2015more
- President Xi's China has no room for political criticism — even of (especially of?) Chairman Mao. This is true even though the official line is that Mao "made mistakes."
Joking About Mao Lands Chinese TV Host in Hot Water
Mao ... more
- The Carleton College softball team was unable to sustain early lead in game one and fell by a final score of 4-2 before dropping a 7-2 decision in game two against St. Catherine University on Tuesday afternoon at Ele Hansen ... more
- Wednesday, 3 AM….Grateful DeadHard To Handle…wake up and go to sleep…no job, so, no visible hump…“Is it because of this?” (Terry Southern)
moth flutters on the floor.
John Tischer '71: I Can't Tell Anymore (On the occasion of the parinirvana of Chogyam Trungpa, April 4, 1987
I can't tell anymorewhich part of my mind's mineand which part of it's yours.,the whole of existence. That
was a neat trick you pulled.
Thanks a lot,
you enlightened genius.