- British unions lost a lot of public sympathy and political power in their conflicts with Margaret Thatcher. This summer they suffered from a Scottish rebellion, and the Tories have been freed from a restrictive coalition.
So, PM Cameron now seeks ... more
- But I'm not, having workedwith my emotions for 45 years....I could get pissed off about that.There's plenty to be pissed offabout....just look around...butsince it all boils down to stupidfoolishness masquerading aspower and ... more
- Well, at least recognize that generalizations are not without exception. Textbooks (generally) describe parliamentary government as easily enacting the plans of the legislative majority.
Two issues this week in Commons demonstrate that is not the way things work all the ... more
- Treadmill. 59 minutes. 9 miles.
Steady run with splits: 7:26, 6:56, 6:46, 6:37, 6:27, 6:19, 6:14, 6:14, 6:14. Felt pretty good.
- Athletic Fields. 58 minutes. 8 miles.
AM: Warm and humid. Relaxed and easy run on the grass. PM: Bike 35 minutes, elliptical 10 minutes.
- Thoughts are like bubblesthat rise to the surface ofconsciousness. For mostpeople, they are like frothor foam that accumulateson the surface and blocksclarity of mind (water). Tothe experienced meditator,thoughts are like champaigne ... more
- Treadmill. 49 minutes. 7 miles.
AM: Easy run. Felt OK. PM: Elliptical 45 minutes.
- The Carleton College women’s golf team has announced its two newest members, as Ayumi Sakamoto and Ziyi Wang have been admitted to the College and plan to participate in women’s golf.
- The president takes a pay cut. Now he fires the top military officers. That's change. Is it progress?
Nigeria's President Muhammadu Buhari replaces military chiefs
Nigeria's President Muhammadu Buhari has appointed new defence chiefs after sacking the heads of the ... more
Carleton Digital Collections will be down for system maintenance, starting Tuesday morning, July 14, 2015.
- Town + Lisbon. 54 minutes. 8 miles.
Warm and humid. Felt good! Splits: 7:29, 6:48, 6:56, 6:39, 6:39, 6:39, 6:36, 6:58. [Week: 49 miles]
- Treadmill. 61 minutes. 9 miles.
Steady run down to 6:35 pace. Felt pretty good.