- ST. PAUL, Minn. – On a night when the Knights were agonizingly close to a statement victory over the University of St. Thomas, the Carleton College volleyball team dropped a five-set heartbreaker (22-25, 25-18, 18-25, 25-14, 15-10) Wednesday evening in ... more
- #inktober2016 " Worried " And for this National Wildlife Refuge Week a quick reminder that this whole Post Card Project is about encouraging President Obama to provide further "refuge" and protection to Alaska's coastal plain. Celebrate #NationalWildlifeRefugeWeek by helping ... more
- "Of what?" you might ask.Might be more fun to guess.The hints are the wordsthemselves...but writing,(always a cause to celebrate),is not it.Good guess.Perhaps the state of mind I'min....oops! I just told you! ... more
- I never thought you were my country.
There was always something fishy
about you after you killed Kennedy.
I left eleven years ago, but now I'm
...because you'll never get back
to what you should have been...
...because ... more
- Lisbon. 59 minutes. 8 miles.
Early morning run. Slow and easy pace.
- If judges can make up charges and punishments as they go through cases before them, how can there be rule of law?
Iranian judges sentence writer to jail for story about stoning to death
Iranian judges have ordered a young ... more
- The Carleton College women’s soccer squad returned home to battle Hamline University in a conference tilt that pitted two teams tied for seventh place in the MIAC. The Pipers prevailed, 1-0, and climbed to fifth in the standings, while other ... more
- Carleton College rookie Alyssa Akiyama earned medalist honors at the MIAC Championships as she fired a record-setting two-under-par 70 in the final round to follow up 77s on Saturday and Sunday and secured her second MIAC Golfer-of-the-Week Award of the ... more
- Town + Track. 67 minutes. 10 miles.
Mild (60 degrees), wet, and breezy. Warm-up 3 miles, then 4x100 strides. Then 4 x 1600 w/ 60 sec rest: 5:44, 5:43, 5:41, 5:41 (avg. 5:42.5, rest avg. 58.0 sec), then 4 x ... more
- Lisbon. 39 minutes. 5 miles.
Slow and easy run. Felt OK.
- Once again, the Communist Party of China makes it clear, through government action, that civil society must be led (controlled) by the Party.
China Seeks Tighter Grip in Wake of a Religious Revival
The finances of religious groups will come ... more
Carleton Athletics: Women's Golf: Akiyama wins MIAC title in record fashion, Knights two shots shortAlyssa Akiyama fired a final-round, MIAC-record two-under par 70, and Carleton made a valiant comeback that ultimately fell short as the Knights finished second by two strokes at the MIAC Championships.
- Perry Strong, David Bae, and David Perl all tied for 22nd at the MIAC Championships and helped the Carleton College men’s golf team to a seventh-place finish in the team standings.
- For the #inktober2016 prompt " Jump " and, on this Indigenous Peoples’ Day, the Post Card Project and We Are The Arctic stand with the Gwich’in, who rely on Arctic Refuge, and all other indigenous peoples who are calling ... more