- Most people worship life.
I see life as a temporary
interruption of death.
- Town + Track. 53 minutes. 8 miles.
Mild (51 degrees), wet, and breezy. Warm-up 2 miles plus 4x100 strides. Then 12 x 400 w/ 45 sec rest in 75-77 (avg. 76.66, rest avg. 44.26). Overall felt pretty good. Cool-down 3 ... more
Carleton Athletics: Volleyball: Camille Benson and Lucy Stevens Pick Up All-America Honorable MentionThe awards keep coming for Carleton College senior libero Camille Benson and sophomore middle hitter Lucy Stevens. First the duo was named to the all-conference team, then they picked up All-Region recognition. Now the pair received All-America Honorable Mention from ... more
- Sarah Waldfogel poured in a team-best and career-high 16 points, but a tough shooting night doomed the Carleton College women’s basketball team in a 73-56 loss at UW-River Falls.
- Witch One?I get confused because of themultiples of her lack of personality.She reminds me of all the charactersof Alice in Wonderland...except Alice;the innocence she never had.I don't have to explain. All I have ... more
- Today's steady rain has made today one of those wormy days, when you have to look everywhere you step to avoid not only puddles, but the worms that have come out of the soil to avoid the saturation. You'd ... more
- You have no religion.
You believe in a fake God.
I'm sixty six, a Buddhist,
and even I would kill you...
not with joy, with sorrow....
but necessarily, like killing
germs that spread disease.
You are not even human, and ... more
- Religion and philosophy are garbage.The study of them is called "garbage collection."
Threaten someone's garbage, (Islam, for
example), and the garbage collectors feel
threatened, angry, abused, and other reactions,
clinging to their garbage, whether it is stinky,
or ... more
- My rule of thumb for students writing responses to FRQs has been, "Don't worry about anything more than 25 (30?) years old UNLESS you're specifically asked about it. This is political science, not history."(I had to say that because nearly ... more
- I was a plumber for thirty years.Threadbare means the threadson screw-in pipe are worn out orcrossed.When it's threadbare, the pipehas no strength.When it's threadbare, the pipedoesn't hold water.When it's threadbare, the ... more
- Old man, basking in the sun....
dharma dog barking in mind's night
waking me from mindsleep
into dawn of simplicity.
- Treadmill. 74 minutes. 11 miles.
Eased into a good steady pace. Felt pretty good. Splits: 7:49, 7:18, 7:00, 6:54, 6:51, 6:42, 6:34, 6:27, 6:21, 6:17, 6:09.
- Lisbon. 22 minutes. 3 miles.
Easy shakeout run.
- Country Lisbon. 58 minutes. 8 miles.
Mild (52 degrees) and raining lightly. Easy pace plus 8x100 strides. Felt OK.
- Grant Wood Trail. 76 minutes. 11 miles.
Cool (50 degrees), sunny, and breezy. Relaxed but steady pace, just sub 7 most of the way. Felt pretty good. [Week: 77 miles]
- Central XC Course. 77 minutes. 11 miles.
Warm-up 2 miles, then 5 mile steady run in 32:39 on the course, then cool-down. Felt a little tired but not too bad.