Thomas Glessner Weaver '69: Celebrating the life of Jack, John Eicher Weaver Oct 13 1943 - Aug 18 2014
From Rememberings of a 83-year old Grandma , Margaret Glessner Weaver, 1994, p52
"Jack (John Eicher Weaver) was born on October 13, 1943, at the Faribault hospital after a much shorter siege of labor pains than I had before ... more
- Town + Lisbon. 45 minutes. 6 miles.
Mild (mid 50s) and wet. Slow and easy run plus 8x100 strides.
- That’s what you haveto look at it…you needlook at it that way.Take time….look at justthe Twentieth Century….all the changes…we knownow what mistakes weremade and are still beingmade. It doesn’t take a ... more
Thomas Glessner Weaver '69: 1945-1949 Weaver Family Faribault Minnesota Photos, by Paul H Weaver and Noah Elwood Weaver1946 Faribault Rock Island Train depot with Rock Island Rocket passenger train southbound.
In the 1940's here specifically in 1946, shown on page 30 of the P-P Album, the Weaver Grandparents, made their way from West Carrollton Ohio ... more
- Museum + Linn Ridge + Ink Loop. 82 minutes. 12 miles.
Cool (low 40s) and breezy. Easy first 4 miles in 30:04, then alternated 1 mile steady with 1 mile easy the rest of the way. Splits: 7:47, 7:25, 7:27, ... more
- Town Loop + Noelridge Park. 60 minutes. >8 miles.
Easy 6 miler around town at 6:15 AM, then 2 miles of running at the meet.
- There’s this place in my brainthat remembers all the stuffthat went before, but, mainlythe feelings that make mewant to eat.Everything was eating everythingback then…they were justconstantly shaking their headsgetting over the ... more
- Despite 100-yard rushing performances by quarterback Zach Creighton and running back Chris Madden, the Carleton College football team was able to find the end zone just once, against national No. 23 Concordia College, falling by a 34-7 score. A trio ... more
- The Carleton College women’s soccer team remained undefeated in MIAC action with a 2-1 road victory over Augsburg College on Saturday night. The Knights conceded a score in the first half, but a pair of second-half goals—with the winning tally ... more
- A pair of late goals pushed the Carleton College men’s soccer team past Augsburg, 3-1, on Saturday in a hard-fought conference match between two teams that entered the day tied for fourth in the MIAC.
Thanks to Spurs guard Danny Green, a new word entered our lexicon this week: the holocaust selfie. Green, who was visiting the Memorial to the Murdered Jews of Europe Information Center in Berlin, where the Spurs played a preseason ... more
- I just felt like saying that.
You understand.I've yelled it in the nightat the meditation center'till the director asked me"What for?" so, I stoppedfor a while...'til I figured outwhy, which only took a ... more
- Shakespeare is the one that said"The clothes make the man"Sure, in his times...now, I would say..."Whose clothes do you think you are wearing?"