Thomas Glessner Weaver '69: More Chicagoland Adventures -Johnson and Glessner family story threads, food and Glessner education in the South Loop Dec 9, 2014Here I am on Polaski on my way to the south loop with Bob Shiel behind the camera on PolaskiOn Tuesday Dec 9th. Bob Shiel, my host in north Chicago, and local guide, informed me that Polaski, ... more
- Mud Road + Bertram + Irish. 60 minutes. 8 miles.
Chilly (30 degrees) and cloudy. Felt very sluggish. Slow and easy pace.
- Athletic Fields + Scobey. 30 minutes. 4 miles.
Easy shakeout run.
- Point guard Wendy Lo was 7-of-8 from the field and finished with a career-high 17 points to lead five players in double figures as the Carleton College women’s basketball team posted a 75-55 non-conference victory over Bethany Lutheran in the ... more
- Red and Rhio have moved again - about 3 hours south of their previous home in the northwoods of Wisconsin, to the Green Bay/Appleton area. (Obviously, C., I, and the dogs have moved as well!) As expected, my adaptable boys ... more
- The Carleton men's swimming and diving team fared well against top-notch competition last weekend at the University of Minnesota's Jean Freeman Invitational. Senior Evan Harris had a particularly strong showing with a pair of top-five individual finishes with one NCAA ... more
- I want to finish my lifewith the sweet juicealready tasted.So far, so good, in spiteof all my friendsabandoning me.The sweet juice doesn’tdepend on any of them,or, even me.Because, I’m only ... more
- Town + Indoor Track + Treadmill. 55 minutes. 8 miles.
Warm-up 2 miles, then 4x100 strides. 8 x 400 w/ ~75 sec rest: 75, 76, 75, 75, 74, 75, 74, 75 (avg. 75.22, rest avg. 73.01). Overall felt pretty strong. ... more
- Pena Nieto's popularity numbers seem similar to Obama's. How do those rankings affect politics in each country?
Mexico president's approval plunges over scandals, missing students
Two years after assuming office, and as protesting Mexicans again took to the streets Monday, ... more
- Lisbon. 39 minutes. 5 miles.
Chilly and breezy. Slow and easy run.
- John Eckert’s third career double-double paced five Knights in double figures as the Carleton College men’s basketball team pulled away from the University of Minnesota-Morris for an 83-50 non-conference victory.
Happy Holidays!Or at least we're headed in that direction anyway. About 6 million things to do in the next three weeks, but I'm zeroing in on a holiday card image/mailing and I'm kind of excited about this snowboarding ... more
- Like waiting for a ship or a traintwo hours ‘till bedtime, the voyagecontinues prone because flat is whenthe mind continues to digest the lifewhich old people naturally tend to do.Don’t let old people fool ... more